Clutch Judder - 2015 1.4 ACT

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
Just passed 22000 miles on the ST. Clutch is juddering like a beeyatch when pulling off for first 10 mins or so, also a bit when changing from 1st to 2nd.

Anyone had this? Know what's causing it? Does this model have a dual-mass flywheel?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

kev64

Sep 12, 2009
Chislehurst
i too have exactly same issue on my 5 door Fr with same engine as yours - mines a 65 plate registered in September ladt year - dealer has looked at it and says its normal !!!!!!

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Chaps,

I had the exact same issue and was also told by the dealer that there was no issue however i fixed it myself....

I burned the clutch face a little......empty car park, attempt to pull away in 6th gear, hold the clutch at biting point and the revs high for a while. U may smell a little burning. Do it for a few minutes making sure you get a good slip and friction.

I know a lot of people might disagree with my method however i did it 4 weeks ago wen the judder was really bad and it has been perfect ever since. And i mean perfect.

Last edited:

Tom_91

Feb 9, 2015
St. Albans
Chaps,

I had the exact same issue and was also told by the dealer that there was no issue however i fixed it myself....

I burned the clutch face a little......empty car park, attempt to pull away in 6th gear, hold the clutch at biting point and the revs high for a while. U may smell a little burning. Do it for a few minutes making sure you get a good slip and friction.

I know a lot of people might disagree with my method however i did it 4 weeks ago wen the judder was really bad and it has been perfect ever since. And i mean perfect.

I fixed mine the exact same way! Give the clutch some grief and hopefully you'll get the same result as us. Careful driving must wear the clutch plate unevenly or something stupid...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.