Clutch pedal sticking down

Eggs

Feb 2, 2013
A few thousand miles ago the clutch went on my tdi FR, this was replaced and recently the clutch wouldn't disengage properly especially when driving in traffic, 1st and reverse being the major issues.

I bled it 3 times so was sure that was all good so suspecting a faulty slave I took it back to the garage, they looked at it, called me and said they thought the issue was the master cylinder so that got replaced. I picked the car up yesterday and now the clutch pedal temporarily stays down an inch at the top of the movement then pops up again. Only done about 25 miles with it but i've not had disengagement problems again.

I'm suspecting it's still the slave, or is there a rubber line somewhere that could be bulging? Please give me your opinions!

RedFive

Mar 30, 2012
I bled it 3 times so was sure that was all good so suspecting a faulty slave I took it back to the garage, they looked at it, called me and said they thought the issue was the master cylinder so that got replaced. I picked the car up yesterday and now the clutch pedal temporarily stays down an inch at the top of the movement then pops up again. Only done about 25 miles with it but i've not had disengagement problems again.

I'm suspecting it's still the slave, or is there a rubber line somewhere that could be bulging? Please give me your opinions!
I had this problem recently, intermittently at first, then on Friday when leaving work it went to the floor & stayed there. Had a look for leaks & found none. Tried bleeding it repeatedly but it still seemed to have loads of air in it even after running nearly a litre of fluid through it (in desperation).
It is in the garage now to have the slave cylinder & clutch replaced.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Do you have anymore info on this? I have tried searching on here to find info but with no joy :(

Basically the rod that operates the clutch coming out the bulkhead goes into the back of the clutch pedal. The rod locates in a white clip at the rear of the clutch pedal which in turn is held in by a metal sleeve. Unfortunately from the factory this metal sleeve was only spot welded either side so the backing of the metal sleeve comes off the rod pushes back further and breeks the white clip and your pedal hits the floor. Mine went a bit sticky and kind of held the last inch before pinging up prior to it breaking. Coat £30 all in to get done including new clip labour and welding up properly! No probs 3 years later!
Ak