Clutch Slip

Raffles

Jul 17, 2007
Staffordshire
Hi had my APR Stage 2 completed over 2 years ago and 14000 miles. Currently running just over 300 BHP and 360 lbft torque. Done 2 track days and a weekend at the Ring in the past. To be honest I dont drive the car very hard but in the last few weeks the clutch has started to slip when changing up a gear at around 5000 rpm.

Was wondering if people have just had direct replacements or had an uprated clutch fitted ? Been told that due to heat generation the flywheel ? might need replacing too.

Anyway, if anyone can advise as to best option / price on an uprated clutch I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Raffles.

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I've got a sachs uprated clutch (disc and clamping plate) and a new oem dmf waiting to be fitted on Thursday to cure my clutch slip. Not a moment too soon either as running on stock map, a Corsa was able to keep up with me yesterday.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Hi had my APR Stage 2 completed over 2 years ago and 14000 miles. Currently running just over 300 BHP and 360 lbft torque. Done 2 track days and a weekend at the Ring in the past. To be honest I dont drive the car very hard but in the last few weeks the clutch has started to slip when changing up a gear at around 5000 rpm.

Was wondering if people have just had direct replacements or had an uprated clutch fitted ? Been told that due to heat generation the flywheel ? might need replacing too.

Anyway, if anyone can advise as to best option / price on an uprated clutch I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Raffles.

Hi there mate, long time no hear. Iv,e gone for a Sachs organic clutch plate and heat treated cover. Very strong and reliable. Mines been in for 6k now and feels like o/e.

cupra-k1

Think i paid £800 fitted.
Does the release bearing work ok ? Also shifting at high RPM? i have heard a lot of audis / golfs having issues with the sachs and high rpm shifts..

In response to original poster, i changed my master cylinder and had no more clutch slip with 360bhp/360 lbs .. but also getting full clutch done soon im going for the southbend stage 3 one

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Does the release bearing work ok ? Also shifting at high RPM? i have heard a lot of audis / golfs having issues with the sachs and high rpm shifts..

In response to original poster, i changed my master cylinder and had no more clutch slip with 360bhp/360 lbs .. but also getting full clutch done soon im going for the southbend stage 3 one

No problems whatsoever with shifting

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I've just had my sachs fitted and had to drive in queing traffic to get home. It is noticably firmer than the oem clutch, but I am already starting to get used to it.

I did notice some trouble getting into third on occasion but have a theory that this is due to me not being used to the firmer feel or the different travel, so not disengaging fully. I'll keep my eye on it though.

The clutch slip that was present with the stage 1 bluefin has now gone. However I wasn't able to enjoy the torque fully due to the wonderful weather we are having :(

The road is now open for me to go to stage 2 :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise