Clutch sound when shifting to higher gears

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
I was just wondering if this is something normal or not...

I have a brand new Leon FR 1.4 TSI 125hp (did 700km) and there's a "click"-ish sound when shifting to higher gears at the point when you release the clutch pedal (exactly at the point where you know the clutch actually fully "cought" the gear shift).

This never happens when downshifting and it's noticeable especially when shifting to a higher gear above 4k rpm. Shifting on low-revs makes no sound at all.

Also it's not coming from the pedal but from the engine I guess. There are no grinding noises, no pedal issues, no extra effort needed to press the pedal, nor any weird car behaviour.

Luke Taylor

Apr 29, 2018
Mine does it too, I think it’s normal as I’ve heard it off other Leon’s too as they drive past me.

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
Ok, mine is definitely not as loud to hear from another passing car lol, but i'm glad to hear it's a common thing. I asked about it at my local dealership and they said they never had any issues with the clutch and to report back after a few thousand km if there are any changes to the way the car drives, but they also mentioned that some noise may be heard while shifting gear either from the clutch itself or from the turbine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.