Clutch sticking

Mcmahon321

Jun 21, 2017
Morning all,
Need a little bit of help if possible... I've got a Leon FR 2.0lt diesel on a 63 plate.
Having some issues with my clutch peddle sticking to the floor or half way to the floor. Having to ping it back up every now and again with my foot,
It's happened once before but keeps happening lately. My bite on my clutch is like 10mm off the floor when this happens
Any ideas why? (Basically my bite has changed)
Cheers!!! All help appreciated
Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I've also got this on my 2.0 tdi 63 plate. It's been happening for about 5 months. I've heard that it could be the master cylinder or slave cylinder on the way out. I haven't got round to getting it sorted yet

Mcmahon321

Jun 21, 2017
I've also got this on my 2.0 tdi 63 plate. It's been happening for about 5 months. I've heard that it could be the master cylinder or slave cylinder on the way out. I haven't got round to getting it sorted yet

You looked at any price at all mate? Hopefully doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I've looked at the parts and they're not much. I think one of them was like £40. Can't remember which part haha and also got to find out for sure which part I need because it can be one or other. Was told this by a SEAT technician. He said it was common fault with the Leon's

Mcmahon321

Jun 21, 2017
I've looked at the parts and they're not much. I think one of them was like £40. Can't remember which part haha and also got to find out for sure which part I need because it can be one or other. Was told this by a SEAT technician. He said it was common fault with the Leon's

Hi mate, had it in the garage for a service and got them too look at the issue. They said it could be my brake/clutch fluid it looks a little cloudy could do with bleeding breaks and clutch which might sort it out... haven't tried it yet tbh! But they also mentioned my slave/master cylinder
Also my fly wheel at the worst case scenario
Will update when it's fixed hopefully!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Hi mate, had it in the garage for a service and got them too look at the issue. They said it could be my brake/clutch fluid it looks a little cloudy could do with bleeding breaks and clutch which might sort it out... haven't tried it yet tbh! But they also mentioned my slave/master cylinder
Also my fly wheel at the worst case scenario
Will update when it's fixed hopefully!

Thanks buddy. I asked a garage the other day for a rough estimate to replace the master or slave cylinder depending on which one it is and he said £500 for one or £700 for the other. I can't remember which one is which but either way, I'm not looking at spending that much unless I was to keep the car for long term.

Mcmahon321

Jun 21, 2017
Thanks buddy. I asked a garage the other day for a rough estimate to replace the master or slave cylinder depending on which one it is and he said £500 for one or £700 for the other. I can't remember which one is which but either way, I'm not looking at spending that much unless I was to keep the car for long term.

Hi again mate, not sure if you've got yours sorted yet, but mine was the master cylinder in the end! Seat only part aswell, but cost me £250 with fitting too! So I'd try go off that for an estimate for yours mate! All the best!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Hi again mate, not sure if you've got yours sorted yet, but mine was the master cylinder in the end! Seat only part aswell, but cost me £250 with fitting too! So I'd try go off that for an estimate for yours mate! All the best!

Where did you get it done?

Mcmahon321

Jun 21, 2017
A one man band sorta garage mate, not sure where your from.. but Birmingham way!

Mcmahon321

Jun 21, 2017
I don't suppose you have the part number for the master cylinder? A mate of mine is a mechanic and he said he could do it, just needs the part number

Hi mate am not sure if this will help you but this is what I'd got sent to me by the mechanic
SQ0721388F
Not sure if it's the exact one but I've found them on eBay with that code/number mate!
Hope you get it sorted man! Let me know

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Hi mate am not sure if this will help you but this is what I'd got sent to me by the mechanic
SQ0721388F
Not sure if it's the exact one but I've found them on eBay with that code/number mate!
Hope you get it sorted man! Let me know

Thanks mate. I'll look into it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise