Clutch vibration

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
When i rest my foot on the clutch i can feel a vibration and when i press it down to change gear.The garage say this is normal with a tdi.
Its not a massive vibration but i do find it annoying,can't remember if my other cupra tdi did this:confused:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
When i rest my foot on the clutch i can feel a vibration and when i press it down to change gear.The garage say this is normal with a tdi.
Its not a massive vibration but i do find it annoying,can't remember if my other cupra tdi did this:confused:

Mine does this, always has. Not got any worse overtime so I'm not too worried about it.

If I remember correctly, raising the revs slightly maves the vibration pulse quicker, then raising the revs even more makes the vibration go away.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Mine does this, always has. Not got any worse overtime so I'm not too worried about it.

If I remember correctly, raising the revs slightly maves the vibration pulse quicker, then raising the revs even more makes the vibration go away.

Yup that's what i did on mine in VAGCOM - raised it to 945rpm and it made it a lot better. Fairly sure it's the Dual Mass Flywheel that causes it although i've no idea how 'worn' it has to be for it to happen.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Yup that's what i did on mine in VAGCOM - raised it to 945rpm and it made it a lot better. Fairly sure it's the Dual Mass Flywheel that causes it although i've no idea how 'worn' it has to be for it to happen.

Can the RPM be dropped after been increased via VAGCOM mate?

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Out of interest, does the vibration go away if you raise the revs slightly?

Not really,i have had my cambelt etc changed a few weeks ago and don't remember this vibration before,but the garage say as the clutch cable is conected to the engine it will always feel like this

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
Not really,i have had my cambelt etc changed a few weeks ago and don't remember this vibration before,but the garage say as the clutch cable is conected to the engine it will always feel like this

Isn't it a hydraulic clutch?!!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
It dos not matter how good your engine mounts are the engine will move!
Th vibration is normal and you will be pleased to know that the mk1 leon is probably one of the better vw group cars when it comes to refinement through the pedal box. If you have any doubt try a mk5 golf 1.9 tdi 105hp, my bro has one and its awful at idle!:help:
Glynn

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
just to add, same car & stock and I have no vibration at any point when pressing clutch pedal.
never had that i recall over the last 60k anyway.

no wondering if should :shrug:

my rpm has always been high and vag-com says 903 -> is that normal high or set high?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
what are the reasons for adjusting idle higher then ???

to add i dont have any vibration that i noticed

on the other hand markwales has something , suspect its the thrust bearing i think he said but this makes a noise pressing & depressing clutch

henryk

Mar 16, 2008
fife,scotland
Had the very same, car (150 fr tdi) went in for it's 60k service running perfectly, when I got it back with new cam belt & water pump fitted it had that same vibration, took it back to the garage but no fault was found they said it was the DMF. Anyway the vibration got less and less until it finaly stopped altogether.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
what are the reasons for adjusting idle higher then ???

to add i dont have any vibration that i noticed

on the other hand markwales has something , suspect its the thrust bearing i think he said but this makes a noise pressing & depressing clutch

I suspect mine was more resonant with the dogbone mount uprated, either way it cured the odd 'knocking' from the clutch too :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise