clutches

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah i got the ABF one, i think i put the part numbers for it on the part number thread. All the bolts needed are on there tho.

neron4o

Oct 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Very old thread, I can't send PM yet, so I hope someone still reading. I have a 2001 Ibiza Cupra R and my clutch is at its end. I cant find info what is the size of Cupra R. Is it 228 or 240 mm like the Golf 1.8 T GTI??!!!I like to ask Dan Cupra R, isnt VR6 clutch 240 mm and G60 flywheel 228mm?? And you can use it together ? The thing is that I'd like to go for singlemass flywheel whit a SACH clutch but can't figure it out:))

Aug 22, 2011
aberdeen
Very old thread, I can't send PM yet, so I hope someone still reading. I have a 2001 Ibiza Cupra R and my clutch is at its end. I cant find info what is the size of Cupra R. Is it 228 or 240 mm like the Golf 1.8 T GTI??!!!I like to ask Dan Cupra R, isnt VR6 clutch 240 mm and G60 flywheel 228mm?? And you can use it together ? The thing is that I'd like to go for singlemass flywheel whit a SACH clutch but can't figure it out:))

Hi Mate Eurocarparts do single mass conversions for the Cupra. if you go on their website and type in your reg you should find the link on there. Its the G60 flywheel and you can either get LUK Sachs or transmech. quite cheep also.

Irek

driven by bjx 1.8t
Feb 5, 2013
Ayr
Hi there am in need of a new clutch for an ibiza tdi 130(asz) I was wandering what clutches/flywheels will fit it? Would g60 flywheel fit it, ad prefer getting smf kit you can get ones for golfs quite cheap but I don't know if they'll fit it, also would the 1.8t clutch kit fit the 1.9tdi?

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
228, as listed in the FAQ section.

Im sure a 1.8t kit fits the 1.9tdi providing it has a 5 speed box.

+1

G60 fly and vr6 clutch combo DOES NOT FIT a 6 speed box.

The SMF conversion for a 6 speed is very expensive. Your easier with a dmf and std pressure plate with a slightly updated friction plate to handle a map or just give a better clutch. Can even go paddle clutch plate..

Iirc I seen something in bills, badger 5's, section.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Irek

driven by bjx 1.8t
Feb 5, 2013
Ayr
+1

G60 fly and vr6 clutch combo DOES NOT FIT a 6 speed box.

The SMF conversion for a 6 speed is very expensive. Your easier with a dmf and std pressure plate with a slightly updated friction plate to handle a map or just give a better clutch. Can even go paddle clutch plate..

Iirc I seen something in bills, badger 5's, section.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

its alright now, i found a brand new smf coversion kit for £180, this should keep me goin for now, if i decide to go with stage 2 al just keep the torque below the maximum or just uprate the friction plate:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.