Coding options vcds or obdeleven Leon 2018

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Morning all,

I've searched the forum and couldn't find an answer.

Recently had my 2018 seat Leon cupra 4drive ST for a couple months now, and a couple bits I need sorting with coding. For example headlight sensor to be reset after coilovers being fitted as get error messages occasionally.

What are the differences between vcds (rosstech) and OBDEleven?

Me and my dad are looking to buy something to scan fault codes and alter things between us he has a 2015 Passat estate, and my mum a seat Alhambra so ideally would like something to cover all bases.

My friend has vcds rosstech v1 cable but it wouldn't scan my 2018 Leon.

Newish to all this but have friends that can help and this great forum.

What would people recommend? Where to buy? And rough prices 🙂

Thanks all
Adam

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I’ve got OBD Eleven. It’s very good. I bought it for £70, which included the device and 100 credits. It works with:

9B70E432-D80F-4D68-BA35-DFD8DACF11BC.jpeg

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
I’ve got OBD Eleven. It’s very good. I bought it for £70, which included the device and 100 credits. It works with:

View attachment 33262
Thanks for the reply,
Where did you buy it from? and i assume you simply download software needed?

Would this allow me to go into the headlight module and reset the headlight sensor?
And assume this would scan any fault codes and be able to clear them also?

Thanks

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Thanks for the reply,
Where did you buy it from? and i assume you simply download software needed?

Would this allow me to go into the headlight module and reset the headlight sensor?
And assume this would scan any fault codes and be able to clear them also?

Thanks
That’s right, yes. I bought it direct from the ODB Eleven website. There’s no software to download. Just an app on your phone.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
That’s right, yes. I bought it direct from the ODB Eleven website. There’s no software to download. Just an app on your phone.
Thats great thanks for the info,

Which one did you purchase/use? Red basic one or the blue pro version?
is the pro version worth extra?

Thank you

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Thats great thanks for the info,

Which one did you purchase/use? Red basic one or the blue pro version?
is the pro version worth extra?

Thank you
I got basic as that was best for my needs. Depends if you’ll use the features offered in Pro.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I've not used OBD11, but have V1 & V2 Hex-Net cables. I would go for the wireless version if replacing now. You also need a windows based laptop.

V1 was unlimited no of users, and generally works on vehicles up to 2014 vintage (ie only early MQB platforms).

V2 is limited to 10 vins, but can pay more for unlimited. It also works as a basic code reader for non-VAG marques.

Depends on how often you want to swap things (coding) - to be honest, hardly used on a high spec Cupra for coding. Good for fault finding, and resetting electronic handbrake/rear pistons when replacing pads etc.

Purchased via Gendan - give them a call, really helpful.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
I've not used OBD11, but have V1 & V2 Hex-Net cables. I would go for the wireless version if replacing now. You also need a windows based laptop.

V1 was unlimited no of users, and generally works on vehicles up to 2014 vintage (ie only early MQB platforms).

V2 is limited to 10 vins, but can pay more for unlimited. It also works as a basic code reader for non-VAG marques.

Depends on how often you want to swap things (coding) - to be honest, hardly used on a high spec Cupra for coding. Good for fault finding, and resetting electronic handbrake/rear pistons when replacing pads etc.

Purchased via Gendan - give them a call, really helpful.
Thanks blacksheep.
It will be used between me and cupra, my dad's Passat and mum's Alhambra mainly for fault finding.

Do you know if you can buy the 10 vin version and then pay extra for more down the line?
If just fault finding on other marques does this count on the vin count?

Also how much roughly would I be looking at for the vcds and v2 cable? Best place to buy?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.