Coilover fitting Guide/Link in Thread

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
Don't need to remove the hub I have just fitted mine and got most the information by typing into google about the mk5 golf there is a full diy install on koni coilovers on vwvortex it is all basically the same process on the leon. Get a hub spreader/splitter and you'll be laughing

andylvzsam

Jan 15, 2013
South Wales
Is it the same as the 2012 Leon? I been reading online that there was a facelift. To get to the top struts I need to get under a plastic cover that's just in front of windshield

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
Is it the same as the 2012 Leon? I been reading online that there was a facelift. To get to the top struts I need to get under a plastic cover that's just in front of windshield

Yeah just slide the rubber off and you can get a wrench underneath to the 3 bolts 13mm socket if I remember right. You want to start by taking the anti roll bar link off the strut then undo the pinch botl on the strut then undo the ball joint with the 3 nuts to seperate it from the wishbone this gives you enough movement to get the strut out. Where abouts are you I'm in lincolnshire if you was close I could maybe have given you a hand to do it

Last edited:

andylvzsam

Jan 15, 2013
South Wales
Down south Wales Swansea so just a little too far lol. Appreciate your help a mate of mine knows his way around a car pretty well gonna give him a shout. But again thanks for the help. Nice set of adjustable coilovers online to bring it down upto 90mm.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.