coilovers

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
hey guy's i'm getting my fr in june :D and already saw that the rideheight of the car was to high voor my likings so i wanted the know how the experiences are of you guy's that already have a set of coilovers i don't want my car rockhard or bumpy i want it in the middle of comfort and sport but with a little lower ride height so does the car get much harder with coilovers? also here is al link of a guý that sell some sets coilovers http://www.tuningparts.nl/shop/index.php?cPath=4_34_370_392
Would like some advice of wich set is the better to get.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Mine is possibly a little softer and certainly less harsh than the standard cupra suspension the car handles so so much better! I have the eibach Streel Lines. The rear is as low as it'll go with the adjusters in and the front is set to match. I have no problems with speed bumps even with a full car.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
alright thanks i'm now really looking voor the eibach ones wich one did you get there are 2 sets one for the diesel and one for the petrol wich one did you get cause there is no official set for the fr and the cupra? My current car sits on d2 coil overs there pretty much worthless it is low but it is bumpy as h*ll handling got worse with it you just bounce in understeer true the corner LOL

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Went for the diesels ones as eibach Germany confirmed that they would be the right ones as the axle loading is only 5kg more.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
alright thanks for the quick reply i'm thinking of ordering them already so when i get the car i drive it for a good day or 2 and then fit the coilovers and get it to where i want it. By the way do you have pictures of youre car sitting on the eibachs?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I've got the Weitec HiCon ones on mine, can't rate them enough, really nice ride and so much better than standard. £526 from DPM Inc delivery.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Its actually lower now the car has time to settle. These were taken on the day it was done.

Techie's is lower than mine as my rear coilovers still have the adjusters.

CIMG3300.jpg

CIMG3301.jpg

CIMG3305.jpg

This is the whiteline ARB which is also highly recommended!!

CIMG3303.jpg

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
U guys really need to stop posting pics of your cars lowered, mine looks like a 4x4

Photo200.jpg

U see!!!!

Ur making me want to spend more money :cry: :lol:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha will you look at that frikken tractor there!!!!!!!!! Well done Dave, I needed a damn good laugh tonight.......................

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
U guys really need to stop posting pics of your cars lowered, mine looks like a 4x4

Haha! This reminds me of something wicked. Half-Spanish friend of mine was admiring my Ibiza one day behind a window and asked me if it was a SUV. Couldn't help laughing but on the other side of the coin I wasn't content with the fact it looks like one.

Then I uploaded a couple pics of my Ibiza on SeatCupra.net group in Facebook and received a comment afterwards telling something like this "It looks like a Jeep from behind".

This situation calls for immediate actions, I reckon! I have 15" wheels on my winter tires so maybe that makes it look like the monster car it actually is. :D

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Apologies it was the 4door white one without adjusters. :)

I’ll get a few bad quality shots later to show the height now its settled.

I’m going out at lunch so I’ll do it then.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
The dampeners on the eibach's are KW V1's but with different dampending settings. They have been very good so far. I have a different spring type to you. Apparently the kw V1's are a little harder.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
2 questions really, does the Boc/Cupra use the same suspension as the 1.6tdi sport does as standard?

How do the coilovers deal with bumps? the standard suspension seems to be rather skippy when cornering over uneven ground, and i'd not want the suspension any harder as it'd just exascerbate the issue but you reckon the ride is better on those weitecs techie?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I can say 100% that the ride is better than standard and yes they use the same suspension as the TDi models.

The cupra suspension is the hardest out of all the models so I dont know if it will be harder or softer than on yours. The eibach's feel slightly softer than standard in the way they absorb bumps and they dont make the horrible bang that standard suspension does if you go over a pot hole by accident.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
one day of work and already allot of reactions LOL i think i'm going for the eibach ones i really like the pics of youre car by the way mardon i think thats about the setting i want to. just the wheels that follow nicely the lines of the arches with a small gap between them thats how i like it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.