Cold Air Feeds

jamiebennett81

Ebay is a good place to get the ducting, I got 3" stuff off there similar to this CLICKY will prob find it a bit cheaper if you do a bit of searching, I just found it quickly to give an idea.

I run that exact same stuff in my bay, although in an orangy/red

its very good stuff. Very tough and flexible and has been very durable. The material used is like what they cover boxing gloves or punch bags with, but in a thinner version. Best ducting I have used yet

the stuff that Halfords sell is shite. Its very fragile, and splits and cracks easily, and they charge a fortune for it!

JamJay

California Bound
Just saw the other part of your post D.K. I'm not really aiming for RR figures, of course it would be nice to see them increase but i'm looking to help the car in it's day to day running in the summer really. The RR meet has just spured me on to do what I planned to a couple of months back. I'm going to hunt for this neoprene ducting today and play about with it.

JamJay

California Bound
Right'O. I have found a place that will do 3" air feeds made from silicone. IMO this would be much better as the airflow to the filter would have a very smooth and fast passage.

I just want to ask if anyone has used these people before?

http://www.auto-performance.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=45_161&products_id=928

And also if, from experience or knowledge, that the hose will be flexible enough to bend around the battery?

jamiebennett81

Right'O. I have found a place that will do 3" air feeds made from silicone. IMO this would be much better as the airflow to the filter would have a very smooth and fast passage.

I just want to ask if anyone has used these people before?

http://www.auto-performance.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=45_161&products_id=928

And also if, from experience or knowledge, that the hose will be flexible enough to bend around the battery?

I am pretty sure thats where I got mine from

jamiebennett81

How'd you find the silicone stuff jamie? It looks a bit smoother inside and less brittle than the look 1ply neoprene.

very tough and durable, found a hole in it the other day, but I have had it hanging down and pretty sure scraping on speed bumps till I finally tidied it up the other day, so not the pipes fault but my laziness

had different types of cold air feeds and its definitely the best I have had yet

jamiebennett81

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

It's pretty flexible I assume, ok to bend round the battery?

God I hate SCN, I had a night in on my own last night and managed to daydream spend about £600! :D

yep, very flexible

jamiebennett81

Just a quicky before I place the order, 1m will be long enough for the job right?

depends where you are running it from and to

if its the fog light, then yes, it should be ok, just

down towards the bumper though - no

I ordered 2m when doing mine

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise