Cold Air Scoop/Feed/Airbox Questions - Newbie!

highguyuk

Dec 14, 2007
Stafford, UK
Hey,

So continuing on with my desire to do a few bits to my car, I bought a cold air scoop. I believe it's the same one from the group buy. I already have a green panel filter in there.

I have the 1.8 Non Turbo, so my engine bay looks similar to the picture below (stolen from Greg R84), but not exactly. To the left of the airbox I have some additional plastic that appears to go nowhere!

misc005.jpg

So ideally I'd like to create something similar to the picture above. I need some piping first! Is there anywhere to get this from in particular? Would be nice to get some "fancy" stuff if possible. What size do I need for the group buy scoop?

I should have taken a picture of my engine bay this afternoon, would have made things easier, but am I aiming to feed the pipe to the right or left of the airbox?

Bear with me on this, still learning (steep learning curve).

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The tubeing you need is 3" flexi tubeing, I think Badger bill sells it.
To get the tubeing round to the scoop you will need to move the battery over, to do this you will need the relocation bracket's ( I have a set for sale )
There is also some plastic bit's that the old feed pipe connects to this will have to be removed

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
get a set of battery relocation brackets (buy some from "feel" if you don't buy d.k's. This will shift your battery over a few inches. Get some 100mm (4 inch) ducting, hack away at your airbox and revel at the extraness you gave yourself for next to nothing

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
most people go for the 76mm (3") ducting cause it fits in behind the battery. But with the relocation brackets it opens up the gap to allow 102mm (4") in.

highguyuk

Dec 14, 2007
Stafford, UK
most people go for the 76mm (3") ducting cause it fits in behind the battery. But with the relocation brackets it opens up the gap to allow 102mm (4") in.

Ah. 3" and no relocation sounds tempting. I need some sort of "clamps" to attach the ducting on too I presume. Don't know how it attachs to the airbox off hand, do I need to purchase 1 or 2 clamps for the ducting?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.