Collection day

Alan Kyp

Old Farts ****
Feb 15, 2014
Cornwall
Picked my Xcellence this morning and only drove 6 miles but very impressed. Shame it’s so cold and snowy
6f6ab8cb6311753dc0be5cfb3419897c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I cant find mine, its buried in the snow in the back yard. Still, all the main roads in the county are shut...

sharpy1071

Mar 11, 2018
Bournemouth
Picking up my excellence on wed (14th /3) hope I get as much enjoyment as people on this forum get out of it. My 2nd Tolly 1st was a 2003 which I kept for 12 years with no major problems.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'm sure you'll like it.

If you're used to a big diesel the lack of torque will be a shock mind.

sharpy1071

Mar 11, 2018
Bournemouth
Thanks camelspyder for advice but I failed to say in-between I've had two 1200cc petrol engine cars I test drove a demonstrator and was surprised at the poke it had when the turbo kicked in. The torque was quite good for 1lt 3 cylinder just right for me. Brian

sharpy1071

Mar 11, 2018
Bournemouth
Well picked it up and pleased. Quiet, comfortable easy to drive. Downside at moment, but sure it will improve, petrol (39 -42 mpg) and harsh in 1st and 2nd gear at low revs as I pull away. Once on move and turbo kicks in smooth, I will give a few more weeks as its not run in yet. I cannot fault Snows of Poole for their service to me. Brian

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Noticed today how headwinds kill the mpg on this small engine - just 37mpg at 75mph on the flat M180. Yesterday with a tailwind going the other way 52mpg.

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Noticed today how headwinds kill the mpg on this small engine - just 37mpg at 75mph on the flat M180. Yesterday with a tailwind going the other way 52mpg.

Gosh that's shocking. 37mpg is really bad, is it based on the on board computer - if so then the real figure will be lower as these OBC always seem to overstate the MPG, of course 52 is rather good, in the cold weather my car's MPG did drop slightly but it's recovered again, mid 40's

BigG.S-O-T

May 17, 2015
Picked my Xcellence this morning and only drove 6 miles but very impressed. Shame it’s so cold and snowy
6f6ab8cb6311753dc0be5cfb3419897c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Alan, firstly car looks great! Secondly could you tell me if your Toledo has got keyless entry and start? My sister picked the same car up on the 1st of March but in ocean blue, and i tried to acrivate it through carista and it works on and off. Cheers.

Alan Kyp

Old Farts ****
Feb 15, 2014
Cornwall
Hi m8 thanks for the like of my car .
Mine came with Keyless entry and Start and Stop/Start as well and both work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigG.S-O-T

May 17, 2015
Thanks for the reply! Seems she will be going back to seat with it then as the keyless entry doesn't work and also the drivers window is going down on its own when the car is left parked.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply! Seems she will be going back to seat with it then as the keyless entry doesn't work and also the drivers window is going down on its own when the car is left parked.

Have you tried undoing all your Carista mods?

Although I use it as well, there is certainly a case for putting the ECUs back to standard configuration before seeking assistance.

Also I find that if the car is locked using the remote, it wont then unlock by touch.

Last edited:

BigG.S-O-T

May 17, 2015
Thanks for the advice, I put all the settings back to factory today for her but she has since called Seat and they have advised her to call out the AA. The AA have been out to her and told her that she will need to go back to Seat, not really bothered about the keyless entry it's just a worry that the window is opening by its self.