Collosal water leak

Mar 23, 2021
I have a 2004 5 door ibiza 6l and every couple months I check the spare wheel well and it's full of water, like completely full. I thought it was condensation but it seems too much for that. The carpet above it stays dry so I don't notice unless I look under. I haven't got any hood picturesbut imagine the whole spare wheel underwater. Any ideas? I tried the search function but no luck. Cheers

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
I have a 2005 Ibiza cupra, same age, but 3 door, recently had the spare wheel swimming pool....
I took all the plastic trim off the boot inside, including the back pillars plastics, to find it.
It was the welds at the top of the boot roof join, you can see them by the hinges at the top when you open the boot. I put some sealant over the welds and it is dry...

Mar 23, 2021
I have a 2005 Ibiza cupra, same age, but 3 door, recently had the spare wheel swimming pool....
I took all the plastic trim off the boot inside, including the back pillars plastics, to find it.
It was the welds at the top of the boot roof join, you can see them by the hinges at the top when you open the boot. I put some sealant over the welds and it is dry...
Brilliant I'll have a look, thanks

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
Rain was running down the back pillars and appearing under the carpet in the wheel well, good luck, if you can fix without taking all the plastics apart then that will save hours

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members