Colour change

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Seat changed their Seat silver in any way between 02 + 07?

Iv got an 02 model and im picking an 07 bumper up tomorrow in what I believe to be the same colour. I'll soon find out when I collect it but Iv just realised that this 'may' be a problem......but hopefully not.

Cheers all,

silversport

1.4 Power....
Feb 12, 2008
What was the name of the colour that you ordered the bumper in? I have a "silver" ibiza, but the colour is called "luna grey". You can see the colour in my pic.

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
:confused:To be honest I dont know what the actual colour name. My car looks the same colour as yours but the seller doesnt know what the bumper is

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
i reckon you'll be lucky to get a good match. my bro has an 02 reg silver one, and he had the rear bumper sprayed in the seat silver (dunno which one) without the car present. and when he got the bumper back, it is slightly different and you can tell some days more than others.

also buying an 07 paint job for an 02 car.... yours has had 5 years of wear....

silversport

1.4 Power....
Feb 12, 2008
:confused:To be honest I dont know what the actual colour name. My car looks the same colour as yours but the seller doesnt know what the bumper is

If the bumper looks like my colour, then its Luna Grey, not sure on the paint code, but as said above, getting a new bumper on an older car, there may be some noticable fade, but if your lucky, there may not be.

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
Aye, you bring up a good point there. I know its not a custom job and has come off as standard, an 07 model. But I didnt think about paint fade, I was just blinded by the excitement of getting a newer bumper :drool:

Ah well, just gotta go with it and hope its a close enough match.

Cheers fellas!

I'll get some pics up anyway and we can have a good laugh if it all goes t*ts up! :doh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise