Combined USB/AUX I-Pod cables Now Available

Chris B

Jul 28, 2005
Combined USB Port (CUP)

The combined USB and aux-in port – or CUP – enables the driver to use a USB socket to play music files straight from a memory stick or certain brands of MP3 player without losing the standard aux-in socket, which is used to play music through a device's headphone socket.

When combined with an optional dock or cable, an iPod can be fully integrated with the car’s stereo, enabling the driver to select tracks via the radio or steering-wheel-mounted controls. It will also charge an iPod so you never run out of battery power. Using a separate iPod dock means that vehicles’ technology will go out of date less quickly; if a new iPod comes onto the market, only the accessory unit needs to be replaced.

Ibiza
iPod cable and cradle holder for:
iPod classic 160GB and 80GB
iPod video 30GB
First, second and third-generation iPod nano
Part number: 6J0051700
Two-year warranty, extended to three years if purchased before the vehicle’s PDI.

Leon, Altea and Altea XL
iPod cable for:
iPhone and iPhone 3G
iPod touch and touch two
iPod classic 80/120/160GB
iPod video 30/60/80GB
iPod nano one, two, three (additional adaptor required) and four
Part number: 000051785B
Two-year warranty, extended to three years if purchased before the vehicle’s PDI.

Leon
iPod cable and cradle holder which sits in the front cup holder. It connects and holds these iPods:
iPhone and iPhone 3G
iPod touch and touch two
iPod classic 80/120/160GB
iPod video 30/60/80 GB
iPod nano one, two, three and four (additional adaptor is provided)
Part number: 1P9051785B

SEAT USB 4GB memory stick
Part number: ZGB70404094GB

These memory sticks are ideal for plugging into vehicles with a USB connection or combined USB/aux-in port (CUP) and playing music files. They make a great gift and demonstration tool to show customers how USB connections work. Find out more about prices EPAC.

Luffer

May 2, 2009
How does the USB socket work? I just tried to plug a memory stick in with some music tracks on it, but I get a "No Media" message show up on the stereo. The manual doesn't say how to use this, I don't understand what I have to do.

Luffer

May 2, 2009
Ahh, that's a good point! I didn't think of that, I'm not sure what it's formatted too at the moment. Will check it out tomorrow.

It would seem the dealer lied to us though as you need a £65 cable to connect an iPod/iPhone! Going to try an get a discount for one based on this as he told us we could just plug it in.

Still no idea about how to get the phone to work though...!

flyeon

My 07 FR has the iPod dock - which I don't need. I want the AUX input instead. Is this cable of any use to me or is it newer Leons only?

DCNI

May 9, 2010
I tried to use the AUX socket on the centre console (with my Ipod) and it sounds like the music's being broadcast from the bottom of the Lough!

Why is the quality so bad?!

I tried to use the AUX socket on the centre console (with my Ipod) and it sounds like the music's being broadcast from the bottom of the Lough!

Why is the quality so bad?!
The first cable I tried in my FR was a cheapo one and the connection seemed to crackle with poor quality. I got a half decent cable and it largely sorted the problem... but it only really sounded OK once I'd tweaked the three different volume settings: main volume, aux-vol and the volume on my mp3. If one is too low and another too high, you get crap sound from it.

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Yes, 2 days old. Have tested it today, the track details loaded onto the I Pod come up on the MFD screen on the dashboard so you are not distracted looking at the Media Screen.

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
My FR has the Media System 2.1 (DAB radio) with upgraded dash display, with Bluetooth. When I dock my I Pod, through the optional docking station, connected to the CUP port, the details of all the tracks come up on the advanced dash display, now in white. The details also come up on the media system display, although not looking at the Media System display is an advantage.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members