compbrake top mounts

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
anyone used these, solid top mounts.... any benefits/disadvantages

also, as im now concentrating on the handling side of things, im stuck between wether to go for a forge fmic, or swap my current shock and spring combo for a set of weitec/kw coilies....
current mods are in my siggy.

again opinions welcome on both these topics guys

cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Fair enough, usually these will transmit loads of vibrations that were usually soaked up with the rubber top mounts.
Take a look at Festers Readers rides section, he has just fitted track density top mounts and loves them

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
the compbrake have a rubber ring to stop as much vibration being transmitted i think.

just after top drawer handling to accomodate my 230bhp too be honest, looking at all avenues...

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
well i got another oem subframe and have added tt rear wishbone bushes, new lc front wishbone bushes, tt subframe bushes....

thinking of swapping my shocks and springs to coilovers... benefits of this willie?

tbh, im binning the fmic idea to concentrate on getting this power i have down and use it better.

quaife is still on aswell..

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hold off in swapping out the suspension just now. do the other things first get the 4 wheel alignment done and see how the car feels.
But deffinately uprate your front ARB