Concidering buying Sport 2.0 TDi, 05/55 35000 miles

petrolhead

Hi to all on this forum

Concidering buying a Leon Sport 2.0 TDi, 05/55 plate, Black, 35000 miles

Its at a dealer for £9500. The curret Classes trade price is £8900 so seems a fair price?

I am in the unfortunate postion of owning a 330i Touring BMW (05/55) and looking at redundancy so need to relise some cash to help pay the mortgage. - Get your hankies out :)

My car, according to two non BMW dealers and the dealer I bought the car from :( seems to be worth about £12000-12500 which is shocking I know but this is a bad time to be owning a large petrol car

The dealer is offering the Leon + £4500 cash which to me seem a good deal.

What to you think?

Is there anyware where I can see some info on the Sport incluing photos as the Seat site seems to only show the Reference Sport which I understand was not as well specked as the Sport?

Also what real life fuel consumption should I expect. I tend to like driving so not light on the go pedal

Last edited:

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
DanGB on here I think has one of the orginal sports, which I think you are talking about. Sure he will be along shortly to advise, I dont have any info.

Welcome to SCN, enjoy your stay!

bclark1979

Feb 6, 2004
Visit site
Hi and welcome.

I would say that the deal seems like a pretty good one. Car prices are just plummeting now and I had to accept a lot less for my Car when I traded it in for my Leon. It was annoying but you just have to put it out of your head. You could keep trying to sell it but then you run the risk that it will carry on dropping, this is what happened to me.

As for the Sport all I will say is that what the exact spec this is seems to be confusing. The current sport model is like the Stylance I believe apart from no Dual zone climate but then it has sports seats, suspension and larger alloys. I know that this spec has changed a few times over the last few years. My Stylance came with the sports pack on it so i got the seats ect but also had the Climate.

As for real life fuel economy I have had mine for 95 miles now and its pretty poor, just over 30mpg. I think that this may be the computer throwing up funny results though and it hasn't really had time to bed in.

Lovely Car though, it feels faster than my old Mark 1 Cupra 180.

JD_SCN

Well Like you say the current climate means no one's buying car's full stop. I'm trying to sell a 1.2 clio and even that won't sell! I'd have thought someone would have taken my hand off as it's a so cheap to run!

Fact is they're desperate! So beat them down, the dealer when I got mine let on that they need £800 profit on a £14k car to make it worth while...now I'd imagine they'd settle for half that, small profit is better than no sale. So I'd keep at them, have a look on the seat car locator nationally and see if there's any similar cars for sale,or ebay or autotrader, tell them you'll walk away if they can't match or beat the best price you can find.

As for photo's: I google Seat Sport 2.0 TDI and got quite a few images.

It's got the same interior upholstry as the current sport, sport seats etc and share's a lot with the Current FR TDI engine wise I think.

It basically stopped when the FR came out so the FR was a Direct..ish replacement.

I'd say settle for £8500 from an approved used dealer.

Good luck 1st_Dieselhead

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
As for the Sport all I will say is that what the exact spec this is seems to be confusing. The current sport model is like the Stylance I believe apart from no Dual zone climate but then it has sports seats, suspension and larger alloys. I know that this spec has changed a few times over the last few years. My Stylance came with the sports pack on it so i got the seats ect but also had the Climate.

Hey,

Its not confusing at all. The sport is Identical to the Stylance with Sport pack.

The sport was dropped in mid 2006 when The FR came as as they are essential the same thing. Thonly difference being the interior FR cloth and badging, plus the exterior exhaust and bumpers and wheels.
At the same time the Sport pack ws introduced for the Stylance.

finally all Sport's, Stylances, and FR's have dual zone climate control.

Hope this helps :)

bclark1979

Feb 6, 2004
Visit site
The latest brochure was printed in August. I got it from Bristol Seat when I went in there for a test drive but the one they had sent me a week earlier through the post was the older one.

The lastest one has the Sport in as well as the Ecomotive and the Emocion.

Its on the website too that the new Sport does not have Climate, just Air Con.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The latest brochure was printed in August. I got it from Bristol Seat when I went in there for a test drive but the one they had sent me a week earlier through the post was the older one.

The lastest one has the Sport in as well as the Ecomotive and the Emocion.

Its on the website too that the new Sport does not have Climate, just Air Con.

ahhh.. I see they reintroduced a New sport model, this must of been in the last few months.

Don't confuse this with the old sport in 2005/2006

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

ahhh.. I see they reintroduced a New sport model, this must of been in the last few months.

Yep thats right they now have a new sport

Its based on the old sport but with a/c rather than climate

you still get sports seats, sports suspention and 17" wheels

Irfan

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I have the exact car you're talking about. Mine had the PD140 engine so is the slower of the 2 diesel engines available. Specs are as mentioned, all the toys you'd generally want. Nice car, then I would say that ;)

petrolhead

Well that just plain confusing :confused:

[Runs down stairs to get the brochure]

Oh yes, your right, sorry. So they have dropped the Reference bit. The photo of the dash is confusing and a bit naughty as no reference is made to that being the optional Climat Control

Popped into the dealer today to have a look at the car and it seems ok. Can't get over the fact that this car is more expensive than a 06/56 Stylance 1.9td with 24k miles but they stif offering £4500 + the car for my BMW. I may try to hang out for 1 years warranty as it only comes with three months, is that normal these days with 2nd hand cars

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London

Oh yes, your right, sorry. So they have dropped the Reference bit. The photo of the dash is confusing and a bit naughty as no reference is made to that being the optional Climat Control

Popped into the dealer today to have a look at the car and it seems ok. Can't get over the fact that this car is more expensive than a 06/56 Stylance 1.9td with 24k miles but they stif offering £4500 + the car for my BMW. I may try to hang out for 1 years warranty as it only comes with three months, is that normal these days with 2nd hand cars

not sure if its supposed to be more expnsive, its a much better engine though

Have you looked at the going rates on auto trader?

bclark1979

Feb 6, 2004
Visit site

The 2.0 tdi is a far superior engine to the 1.9tdi so definitely worth the extra money. As for the Warranty it should come with the balance of the 36 month warranty so if the Car is 33 months old then it is correct. Having said that if they are selling it through the official Seat used car deal then it should come with 12 months I think?

petrolhead

The 2.0 tdi is a far superior engine to the 1.9tdi so definitely worth the extra money. As for the Warranty it should come with the balance of the 36 month warranty so if the Car is 33 months old then it is correct. Having said that if they are selling it through the official Seat used car deal then it should come with 12 months I think?

Only cars that are on the Official Seat Used car web site come with the 12 month warranty. (Seat Approved Used vehicles with 102 point check) All other cars at the dealer come with whatever the dealer offers

hawtin1584

Oct 30, 2008
Just found this thread. I have a seat leon 2.0tdi sport 55 plate, the exact one your talkin about, I have done 46000 miles, was looking for £8200 if you were interest or anyone else.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.