Condensation in rear lights....

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
anyone else got this problem. it began on the drivers side but now the passenger side is also showing a lot of condensation.

anyone else? or just me?

5door sport

stukillen

Jun 26, 2009
Glasgow
ye i have that too only noticed it when i was washing my car at the weekend. i think there was a thread on hear a while back about that and it is a common problem.
stu

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
dont recall seeing it before, but i have just done a search and i have the very same problem, rather than condensation its droplets of water.
Will be paying my local dealer a visit sometime soon!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its a Common Fault on the MK4's for all the Lights to Condensate so looks like MK5 is same?

stevemurphy

Same problem

My mk4 the very same.its a common problem with the lights not being sealed correctly.what i did was use a heat gun to melt the seal and take off rear lenses and reheated and resealed them.havnt had any problem with it since.so its worth a shot!!!:)

Bob Rooney

I've had my Ibiza 5-door since October. Noticed condensation in both rear lights around December. Went to the dealer where I bought car from, they took some photos of the lights and 2 weeks later I had both lights replaced. So far I've not had any similar problems with the new lights, touch wood.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.