Condensation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
:cry: IN THE MORNING WHY HAS MY LEON GOT CONDENSATION ON THE FRONT AND REAR SCREENS ON THE INTERNAL SIDE. ALSO HAVE NOTICED THAT THE REAR FLOOR MAT ON ONE SIDE WAS WET CHECKED FOR ANY LEAKS ON THE INSIDE AND CAN FIND NONE.TOOK THE CAR MAT OUT AND LET THE CARPET DRY WHEN IN THIS MORNING AND THE SAME AGAIN THE CARPET IS WET, BUT DON'T KNOW WHY.

TO MAKE THINGS WORSE WENT SHOPPING AND ABOUT TO PUT SHOPPING IN BOOT NOTICED ONE SIDE OF THE BOOT MAT WET (ONLY ABIT) CHECKED TO SEE WHERE THIS MIGHT BE COMING FROM KIND FIND OUT. STRANGE...............:confused:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Check the pollen filter and the that the cover is seated properly also check the door seal's.

Water in the boot could be coming from the rear washer pipe

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Check the pollen filter and the that the cover is seated properly also check the door seal's.

Water in the boot could be coming from the rear washer pipe

once you don't that clean the glass inside and out properly

kaye

Jan 6, 2007
SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm having the exact same problem with my 04 plate cupra and came on here to see if its a common problem!
checked my door seals and rear wiper... all fine :S mite get onto seat about this... shouldnt be getting these kinda problems from a 4 year old car!

if you get condensation inside the car it is (assuming there are no leaks) just a factor of the weather at the moment.

Because the temperature is dropping rapidly at night and the air is quite damp, moisture in the warmer air in the car just condenses.....likely to affect any car....

If the temperature is warm enough for the air con to run this will help dry out the humidity in the car before you switch off, and may help somewhat!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The condensation is coming from the moisture in the wet mats.

file.php

andycupra

status subject to change
condensation is due to the air having a high humidity level - due to the wet mats. as the air cools it condenses on the cold surface. (glass).

The wet carpet is due to the door seals, common issue, loads of thread on there regarding this.

Water in the boot is less common. - no idea!

andycupra

status subject to change
SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm having the exact same problem with my 04 plate cupra and came on here to see if its a common problem!
checked my door seals and rear wiper... all fine :S mite get onto seat about this... shouldnt be getting these kinda problems from a 4 year old car!

which seals did you check?

the seals that cause this issue are the ones that run aronud the inetrior door trim. hard to spot.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
i had this on my LC in the passenger footwell .... if you open the door after its been raining or evn if you wash it, look at the seal at the bottom by the sill .... ther usualy is a build up of water there. The water gets trapped between the bottom of the door and the seal....it then rises over the seal and into the footwell cuz it has no where else to go....

All i did was get a really sharp knife and cut about 5-6 holes (approx 1cm squared) along the seal so that the water can drain through the seal and out at the bottom of the door... got a mate whos got an 01 LC and he did this and it worked for him... worked for me too ...

dont expect immediate results though.... the water already in the car will take a while to evaporate in this cold weather... may be a couple of weeks before it all completely dries up... but to help it dry out put the blowers on 'HI'and aim em at the floor ...

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
i had this on my LC in the passenger footwell .... if you open the door after its been raining or evn if you wash it, look at the seal at the bottom by the sill .... ther usualy is a build up of water there. The water gets trapped between the bottom of the door and the seal....it then rises over the seal and into the footwell cuz it has no where else to go....

All i did was get a really sharp knife and cut about 5-6 holes (approx 1cm squared) along the seal so that the water can drain through the seal and out at the bottom of the door... got a mate whos got an 01 LC and he did this and it worked for him... worked for me too ...

dont expect immediate results though.... the water already in the car will take a while to evaporate in this cold weather... may be a couple of weeks before it all completely dries up... but to help it dry out put the blowers on 'HI'and aim em at the floor ...

could you post a few pics of that as i really need to do this.
cheers!

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
Well yeah, but i mean, if i had wet carpet's (which i had) id want em sorted. It doesnt cover those up when someone steps in the back of the car to a squelch noise

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
i,v just sucked up all the water front the rear seats as much as i could still some there so what im guna do is run the heaters on full blast and see if that sorts out the problem

peteh

I have an `04 Leon tdi cupra, had exact same problem as you, however, my passenger footwell had about 20mm of water in it so obviously somethin was wrong!!!

I looked on here for advice, turns out it WAS my pollen filter housing "leaking like a piss head on saturday nights!!!!!"

If your a competent mech then it only takes 30 mins MAX to fix!

1. Remove wiper arms
2. Take off pollen filter panel, should be bottom left of the windscreen.
3. Remove scuttle panel and unclip washer jet line (carefully!)
4. take out pollen filter
5. there are two nuts on either side of the housing- remove these
6. pull out filter housing.

then all i did was put a whole tube of silicone bathroon sealent fron B+Q around the housing AND the actual bulkhead aswell where it sits.
Its the just a case of refitting everything carefully, wait for it to dry after a night in garage, and it should be fine after that.

I would also recommend putting a de-humidifier in the boot (minus parcel shelf) for a few nights to dry out the whole car. worked a treat for me.........

good luck!

pete

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
:shrug: iv tried everything still cant find where the water is coming from..............
thinging of taking it to the stealers..............

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise