Condensation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monkeytown

had same prob in boot. took off inside trim to expose washer pipe to back window. there is a joint in the pipe above wheel arch that had come apart so every time you operated the washer it was squirting water into the boot . pushed joint back together and wrapped tape around , no prob now.

rusty82

my boot now seems to have a leak! monkey you mentioned a trim to find the pipe, which trim is this?

peteh

It should be behind the nearside carpet on the sid ewall of the boot, There are photo`s on here somewhere of someone doing it step by step.
You may have to remove to plastic trim that the parcel shelf sits on too, and behing it all you will see the washer jet hoseline running to the rear of the car. On it should be a small T-piece, thats where they mostly leak from commonly. All thats needed is a little bathroom sealant and a small jubilee clip to crimp it into place tightly again.....

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
I have had this problem and have posted on it, my footwells were wet on the drivers side, I removed seat and trim and lifted up the carpet, cut out the underlay and dried it in the house for a week to make sure it was bone dry, it was soaking wet when removed.
The carpet it being put back in this weekend, but car has been condensation free since I have taken it all out.

I removed the scuttle panel and only real thing I could see was where the bonnet release cable goes through into the cabin didn't look great and also the main bung where the cabling goes into the cabin didn't look to have a great seal so I filled them in with a sealer.
My door seals dont seem to be leaking so hopefully thats all it was. Will see this weekend, if its been leaking again.

To get to the pollen filter you dont need to remove the full scuttle panel, just the cover to the right. save you alot of hassle.

The pipe going to my rear washer had also popped out, remove the rear passenger side trim in the boot and you will see the pipe.

D1SHABBA

Mar 6, 2008
I have had this problem and have posted on it, my footwells were wet on the drivers side, I removed seat and trim and lifted up the carpet, cut out the underlay and dried it in the house for a week to make sure it was bone dry, it was soaking wet when removed.
The carpet it being put back in this weekend, but car has been condensation free since I have taken it all out.

I removed the scuttle panel and only real thing I could see was where the bonnet release cable goes through into the cabin didn't look great and also the main bung where the cabling goes into the cabin didn't look to have a great seal so I filled them in with a sealer.
My door seals dont seem to be leaking so hopefully thats all it was. Will see this weekend, if its been leaking again.

To get to the pollen filter you dont need to remove the full scuttle panel, just the cover to the right. save you alot of hassle.

The pipe going to my rear washer had also popped out, remove the rear passenger side trim in the boot and you will see the pipe.

keep us updated and hope it all works lol mine took over a week to dry:clap:

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
I had the same problem with my windows about this time last year. Tried rain-x anti fog and it made no difference. So i changed the pollen filter and it sorted it out, didnt look as if it been changed in 5 years???. Now when it rains i get water on the top of the rear passenger seat due to having 2 new doors fitted. Seat say the door is sitting about 2mm lower than the front one, but i thing its the inner door seal.?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.