when I rang the seat salesman an asked on BHP he said 110

I then do an insurance check and it's described as a SEAT IBIZA SE TDI PD 100

So who's correct ?

Also appreciate opinions on the 100/110 model as well please

Thanks

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Just to confuse matters even more a TDI Sport on a 53 should be a PD130 engine rather than a 100 or 110. Ask the salesman whether it has a 6 speed 'box or not. If it hasn't then it's not a sport and is probably the 100 BHP SE as they've never used the 110BHP engine in the MK4 Ibiza.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Oops,sorry,I'm a newbie :redface:

We all were at some stage. :)

No worries, spend a good few hours (days?) reading on here and you will find out almost everything there is to know about the car you are looking at. And then you will spend the next few years flexing your credit card making it better!:lol:

gazman

Aug 5, 2006
Lancashire
credit card has no more flex in it

Currently own a UK MY99 Impreza @235bhp

Looking for some reasonable performance without the fuel bills

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
A lot of places still say 110BHP as thats one of the models the earlier TDI's came in. The old Mk3 TDI Sport was 110BHP.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
credit card has no more flex in it

Currently own a UK MY99 Impreza @235bhp

Looking for some reasonable performance without the fuel bills

There's a few ex-scoobie owners on here. The Beezer is certainly cheaper on the running costs front.

A lot of places still say 110BHP as thats one of the models the earlier TDI's came in. The old Mk3 TDI Sport was 110BHP.

There are surprisingly many traders who don't know what they're talking about or dealing with, that's certainly true. It's amazing how many 8v Cupra Sports you see advertised as 16v's as they dont have a clue. VAG Diesels must be in a league of their own when it comes to confusing the pants off people unless you keep a close eye on what's coming onto the market all the time.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Mine's a 53 plate and was 130 bhp. But yeh - like people say, 6 speed box will be 130. And actually get it into 6th and make sure it's not just a gear knob! :lol:

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
£250 upward.
Plenty of re-mappers advertise on this forum, see what sort of price they can do for you.
I've had several Upsolute re-maps on VAG Diesels and can vouch for them.
I've also had experience of REVO and AmD and all have been good.

gazman

Aug 5, 2006
Lancashire
Ok

been to see the car

registered Oct 2003

5 door

16" Seat Alloys

6 speed gearbox(tried it as well)

Log book says its a 100bhp sport

Salesman said they can get registered incorrrectly

Now I,m more baffled :headhurt:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
If the engine number on the V5 starts with ASZ, its a 130. But we all know its a 130.

My mum's silver Ibiza Cupra 3 door was registered with the DVLA as a grey 5 door Ibiza Cupra Sport. Even SEAT don't know what cars they sell sometimes!