Contact 6 vs PS4s

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
Is the PS4’s really that much better than the Conti 6 ? Has anyone had real world ( cold Uk roads) experience of both that they can confidently compare the two ! I’m about to purchase a new set of fronts on my stock 2016 290 and I want a tyre that performs well in the wet as well as the dry considering that England is wet most of the year ! Any experiences would be greatly appreciated mainly concerning Cornering in the wet ?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Conti6's, Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport and PS4S, are widely seen as the 3 best UHP Summer tyres. A post I saw in the last day or so suggests the Conti6s perform better than the Goodyears in these colder temperatures, but none of them will perform in this weather as good as a Winter or All Season tyre.

The issue with Conti6's is their tyre life, they're not a par with the PS4S. Goodyears I've heard varying reports of how long they last.

These are your best videos to take a look at, just bare in mind he's testing in a RWD car, so handling balance is subjective when comparing to FWD/4drive.

Reactions: Stephen Booth
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members