?Conv Pack Windscreen

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Guys

I have the Convienence Pack on my FR. I've just noticed that the top section of the windscreen is not tinted. My Sport's was and I had another FR behind me last night (for about an hour in traffic at the QE2 Bridge :whistle:) and his was:shrug:

What have others got with the Conv Pack?

cheers

Rob

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
And heres mine
P4050312.jpg
:confused:

Looking at pics on the Seat used car site with Conv pack, I seem to have been done :(

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Cheers smilley. Thing is others with the Conv Pack do have a Top tint. Wish i hadnt noticed it :)

smilley792

May 1, 2008
well i dont have the conv pack, but i do have a top tint. it may come with another set of extra's, or just be completely random

laffalot

I've got the Convienence Pack on my FR and the windscreen has the top tint on it, it's a 56 plate.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I actually asked the dealer about the top tint when I test drove an FR, he said that it was standard on all Leons.

Maybe it is a replacement screen as seat_lion suggested.

Bainie

Oct 22, 2007
I have a tint on mine with conveniance pack, it`s green though, and had the windscreen replaced after a week as it was broken by a chip ! The replacement also has a strip , though I think it isn`t as deep as the rain sensor pokes out the bottom a bit . Do you have a line around the sensor that goes arounf=d the screen, the one made up of heaps of dots, as mine has this and it goes round the sensor. If you do not have this it may be the wrong screen ??

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Thanks guys, i'll give the dealer a call in a minute and let you know what they say. The screen is a SEAT screen, just checked that.

Chris yes i bought the car new.

Rob

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Ok just spoke to the supplying dealer. None the wiser. The salesman checked 6 Leons that they have in the dealership and 2 dont have top tint and 4 do:shrug:

A basic Stylance had a top tint
A FR550 had a top tint
A Cupra K1 no top tint
A TFSI Sport no top tint
Another FR had top tint

So they dont know, but they will do some investigating and get back to me, will see :weedy: :)

smilley792

May 1, 2008
as i thought, completelty random on what screen you have.

would be interested in wat out of them cars have the tinted windows aswell.##mine has tints and the tinted strip

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
My tinted windows are all fine its just the strip on mine. Its one of things though once you notice it you keep on noticing it! :(

smilley792

May 1, 2008
dam another thoery gone.

i think its just random, complain to your dealer, they may fit you a tinted screen free of charge

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members