Convoy into Croft BTCC 01/06/08 & Camping

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
I want to buy some stuff from the SEAT merchandise tent (if one exists as they didn't show last year and I am concerned their won't be one this year)

After two seasons of nothing SEAT now have a stand, (run on their behalf by a third party company). They have 2 or 3 cars, a multi player racing game with prises and some merchandise, (there is also another stand that sells SEAT clothing). One of the people running the SEAT stand came over and spoke with us all at the SCN Hospitality unit at Donington, and said they should be around for the rest of the season.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
After two seasons of nothing SEAT now have a stand, (run on their behalf by a third party company). They have 2 or 3 cars, a multi player racing game with prises and some merchandise, (there is also another stand that sells SEAT clothing). One of the people running the SEAT stand came over and spoke with us all at the SCN Hospitality unit at Donington, and said they should be around for the rest of the season.

COOL!![B)][B)]

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Yeah. I have £190 and totting up what I would life (which is basically a whole new SSUK wardrobe - weatherproof jacket, cap and tee) it comes to only £130.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Those of you going tomorrow, if you snap any photo's particularly of the BTC Racing Toledo's of Stockton and Oliver also Adam Jones' Team Air Cool Leon. Send them over to me tomorrow or Monday.

email in my signature.

Where is best for snapping?

I don't have one of those professional jobs but I like taking snaps of the cars.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The closest most unrestricted views for someone with a compact camera is probably Sunny out. I got some good snaps there a couple of years back with my SLR, but my neice took some equally good photo's with her little compact.

But i've not been back to Croft since, so i've no idea if the view is restrictive there now. The first corner and chicane are difficult because of all the catch fencing, unless you can find a spot where you can get close to it and pop the camera between a fence hole or something.

Overlooking the approach to the hairpin is fairly unrestricted too, if you can get a clear spot with no-one's heads in the way.

But beggars can't be choosers. Do your best and i'll use a couple of shots. We get PR from BTC Racing but no images.

Same goes for anyone else, take some snaps and we'll credit you if we use it.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Qualifying over. DT on pole with Jase in third. Flash splits the two in third. Giovanardi way down in 12th.

Weather for tomorrow ain't good according to www.uk.weather.com. Theirs a 70% chance of rain with a temperature of 13 degrees celcius but if you type in Darlington in the site the humidity chance is 96%.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Indeed. Say, since it is gonna rain I would like some quick advice.

Which jacket should I buy? Their an interactive, neoprene jacket for 55 which doesn't have a hood according to the pic on the SEATSportUK website but theirs the one which is a lot more expensive (£100), the interactive neoprene outer jacket which does seem to have a hood. Which should I buy? Because the jacket I bought last year is way too bulky.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Let us not forget of course the Independent entries flying the flag for SEAT. Adam Jones in the Leon and BTC Racing in the Toledo's.

It is a really great 3-way battle between WSR's Colin Turkington, BMW Dealer Team UK's Mat Jackson, and Team Air Cool's Adam Jones in his Independent petrol Leon. Unfortunately Jackson is two places ahead of Jones in 7th and Turks is a whole five head in 4th.

Sadly at BTC Stuart Oliver will be starting last in 24th and Chris Stockton will start in 18th. Two spots ahead of local lad Aan Taylor in the Robertshaw Integra.

Stalwart

Well, looks like I get to meet a few members finally!

If there is no parking arranged where is the best place? I have nightmares about my car getting trashed while I'm watching my first BTCC event ever!

See you guys there!!!!!

ian_cupra

just got back, started out a bit pants, but once it stopped raining turned out great, good days racing, not so good for the SEATs though :(

got a few photos of the toledo's, i'll send them to you Z :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ditto just home
sore all over
had a right laugh

was down at tower for the first race so that was pretty crazy

great day, shame about seats results

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ian, be glad you didnt take your car
mine looks like a creature from the abyss - its a lovely BROWN all over

ian_cupra

lol, yeah i was glad about that, dads toledo was a mess too, plus even his diesel was spinning like mad in the mud, think i'd have gotten stuck in the bezza :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise