Correct Offset for Aftermarket Alloys on Cupra

Hi Folks

Considering getting some BBS CH or CK alloys and have a few questions....car is an '09' Cupra lowered on H&R springs so approx 30-40mm drop?

Do the 19" affect the handling/ride....prefer the look of them over the 18" but don't want to spoil the handling or ride.

Do I go for an 8J or 8.5J width rim....I think the CH and CK are available in both.

What is the correct offset if I fit 235/35x19" tyres so that they clear the calipers and look/sit right and fill the arches? I don't want to fit spacers.

I've done a search but couldn't find any definitive answers.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

honz12

Sep 15, 2009
Glasgow
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you... own a 07 FR, just lowered on H&R and plan to buy BBS CK. I also prefer the look of 19" and will probably get 19".
I've searched the forum too and read LOADS of posts offering advice. So far I've decided I'm going for 19" BBS CK with an offset of 44. Tyre size 235/35/19. Unlike you I don't think I have the problem with the cupra calipers.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
BBS CK and 8j et 44 will need 225/35/19 when lowered and will fit perfect on a cupra. 235 will scratch the arches (front and rear, just like on mine on a fr it will fit perfect in front but will scratch on the rear).
BBS CH 8j ET 51 and 235/35/19 will fit well with lowering but will not fill the arches perfectly on the rear. a few mm of spacers will better this but 10 mm on both sides is too much.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you... own a 07 FR, just lowered on H&R and plan to buy BBS CK. I also prefer the look of 19" and will probably get 19".
I've searched the forum too and read LOADS of posts offering advice. So far I've decided I'm going for 19" BBS CK with an offset of 44. Tyre size 235/35/19. Unlike you I don't think I have the problem with the cupra calipers.

BBS CK and 8j et 44 will need 225/35/19 when lowered and will fit perfect on a cupra. 235 will scratch the arches (front and rear, just like on mine on a fr it will fit perfect in front but will scratch on the rear).
BBS CH 8j ET 51 and 235/35/19 will fit well with lowering but will not fill the arches perfectly on the rear. a few mm of spacers will better this but 10 mm on both sides is too much.

Thanks for the info guys :thumbup: