Couple of questions from a pontential owner

monkeychild

Hey all I have been lurking here for a while now so thought it was time to post. I was intially getting a Fiesta ST but saw the facelifted Ibiza FR in zenith grey[B)] , and thought WOW!!!!!! Trouble is that I am torn between the two engines :confused: I love the 1.8T as my last car was an Octavia vRS (loved it) But I have to be sensible now, so mpg, insurance and road tax have to be taken into consideration. I will probably end up getting the derv monster, so this brings me to my question (at long last lol) Does this car really need ESP???? My missus will be driving it mainly so this is why I am asking :D
Cheers in advance

Richie

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Welcome to the forum. Nice choice of car and a very good colour choice. I went from a 1.8T Leon Cupra to the Ibiza FR TDi and found that the engine didn't feel all that different. The 1.8T is a comparatively low revving, torquey engine so it's not a world apart from the diesel. I tried the petrol FR and, although it felt slightly lighter to drive than the diesel, I went for the derv and two years on I am still loving it.

I haven't had any experience of ESP – not sure too many Ibiza owners here have it fitted – and haven't had any real issues with stability. If you can get it included as part of the deal then I guess it must be worth going for it though.:D

peterho

Hi monkeychild I have the new 1.8T FR in zenith grey,I also tested the diesel and found it excellent but with seats new pricing policy its over £1000 dearer.

I could have afforded either but as I will only do about 5000 miles a year in it I thought I can stand the higher consumption and insurance bill.
If you are young and/or do high mileage then perhaps the derv model is the one to go for,only you can decide,as for esp I dont think its needed I certainly dont miss it and I had it on my last 2 beemers.

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
ESP can be useful for day to day a oil slick or wet patch can come into factor also only a £300 options so if torque/turbo catches her out round a corner or oil slick/wet/ice!
it could be the thing that saves the car!

i would get it if you can :) at end of the day its a safety feature. plus they can understeeer a lot lol

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
You cant switch ESP off, only the Traction Control. It saved me a few times at Brands Hatch ;) when braking hard into paddock, but on the road ive never had to rely on it.

Worth getting imho.

You'll love the diesel!

Plus a bit off topic How can you have 200 bhp out of a remap redcupratdi?:D ;)

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Fez boy said:
Quite easy I thought :)

I got 202 bhp on my rolling road, and Redcupra had a previous statement of around 197 bhp in his sig, he was worried of puttin more than 200 incase others didnt believe him...

Now its magically gone to 200 ;) :stick: :cartman:

monkeychild

Cheers for a llthe feedback guys :) I think ESP will be ordered.

LMAO at the RR discussion, sounds like Briskoda :happy:

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Fez boy said:
Civic got 208 corrected to 200 ;)

I suppose it's the RR you use though ;)

Plus mine was done on the coldest day ever in November, Not that that would have effected the results ;)

I dont hate.... I appreciate! :D

:funk:

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
okay stop being sarcastic!! :blink: lol
its gonna be tested rr soon

it must have at least 200bhp just like yours and civic's!! and a couple of others that had it rr'd, it's around 200bhp

hang on i'll change it!

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
redcupratdi said:
okay stop being sarcastic!! :blink: lol
its gonna be tested rr soon

it must have at least 200bhp just like yours and civic's!! and a couple of others that had it rr'd, it's around 200bhp

hang on i'll change it!

Mate put it back up!!! Im only messing :redface:
Im sure your's is more powerful than the Revo code anyway, but i'd wait till winter to put it on the rolling road :)

Us TDI boys gotta stick together!

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
DIFT said:
Us TDI boys gotta stick together!

i was messing 2! :p
at least they is no one on here with 130 tdi claiming to remapped to 195bhp, 328lbs/ft!!! those briskoda boys :rolleyes:

the cupra tdi 160 are bloody quick, remapped they are rapid! 200bhp or not! :funk:

T. Spark

redcupratdi said:
at least they is no one on here with 130 tdi claiming to remapped to 195bhp, 328lbs/ft!!! those briskoda boys :rolleyes:

the cupra tdi 160 are bloody quick, remapped they are rapid! 200bhp or not! :funk:

By the way.... only kiddin' :D

Mike_obd has to be pushing near 190bhp from his PD130 tho! Hasnt had it RR'd but leaves mine for dead!

Welcome to the forum m8, I dont have ESP, but I like understeer :D

Triple D

redcupratdi said:

Yes, well my 130 has remapped to about 220bhp, and thats only with a remap LMFAO and a few other things, like go faster stripes, taking my wing mirrors off and polishing it so so much to make it cut through the air faster like a bullet :lol:

Triple D

monkeychild said:
Hey all I have been lurking here for a while now so thought it was time to post. I was intially getting a Fiesta ST but saw the facelifted Ibiza FR in zenith grey[B)] , and thought WOW!!!!!! Trouble is that I am torn between the two engines :confused: I love the 1.8T as my last car was an Octavia vRS (loved it) But I have to be sensible now, so mpg, insurance and road tax have to be taken into consideration. I will probably end up getting the derv monster, so this brings me to my question (at long last lol) Does this car really need ESP???? My missus will be driving it mainly so this is why I am asking :D
Cheers in advance

Richie
Im glad you have seen the light and decided not to go for the chavy fiesta, as around here there are **** loads of them.
You have IMHO made the right choice in engine decisions aswell but then again, i love my diesel :). When i ordered mine, i made sure it had ESP as i had prior had an accident in the snow shortly after passing my test, which didnt make me very confident driving in the snow.
When it snowed last year, i had a play, to see what difference ESP made, and my god, did it make a difference.
Now i have silly power, it gets used overtime, especially around roundabouts and tight corners, but when you turn it off, aslong as its dry, it will still handel pretty well.
I would say, yes, deffinately get esp, its a well worth while extra, and like has said before, it could make the difference in crashing and not.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members