Courtesy Light (Base Models)

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
CLS' don't have a passenger courtesy light switch on their doors :(, which is by far not the end of the world - but would be nice to have all the same I guess. If I get one from a scrappy - how will I connect it up? There's an earth point under the passenger glovebox I believe, on the inside of the wheel arch, and the connector block for the courtesy light that's there already is - as you may know behind the engine release fascia in the driver's footwell.

And while I'm at it... boot lights? Anyone tell me about those? etc.

Any leccy's?

Thanks! :)

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I can't see it would be hard to wire up at all, just need the feed to the light and there you, its a bit cheap if Seat not to fit them tbh!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
my CLS has a passenger courtesy light switch :p lol
I'm not sure on how to wire it up, but I'm guessing there should be a wiring block, where all the switches etc plug into maybe?

The boot light should be easy, the positive wire connected from the battery + terminal, then the negative wire from to a grounded location somewhere.

I'm putting neons in my boot to light up my sub system ;),
because I've already got an amp there I can connect the lights straight from the remote wire of the amp and the ground wire. Then I'm putting a switch in, similar to the switches on the doors for the courtesy light so when the boot opens it turns on...

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
hmm yeah it would be easy... but I want it to come on like when you open the boot. I've opened it numerous times not and haven't been able to see a thing in there at night!!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
thats exactly what im doing,
the neons ive ordered come with a rocker switch, so ill have to replace that with a push to break switch, similar to the ones on the doors, so when the boots closed they turn off and when i open it the switch is released and the lights turn on...
the neons will be connected to the battery and a ground connection.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
P170509_15.jpg

the yellow circled bit is where i'm fixing a switch, easiest bit because its plastic, so easy to drill and the boot door nearly touches it so perfect place for a switch :).... hope that helps ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.