CPLAY2air

nick.buchan2

May 10, 2018
OK so I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered one. I’ll post on here once I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kickdown

Christian

May 16, 2018
Denmark
Got one for a couple of months. Working excellent. It takes 10-15 seconds until connected when starting the car. When it is running it is like having the phone connected via cable. I am using an iPhone 10.

nick.buchan2

May 10, 2018
Got one for a couple of months. Working excellent. It takes 10-15 seconds until connected when starting the car. When it is running it is like having the phone connected via cable. I am using an iPhone 10.

That’s good to hear. I too have an iPhone 10. Managed to get 20% off the adapter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Been scouring the Internet all day. Best I can find is:

10% off price - 10NOW
Free express delivery (normally $9.95) - EXPRESS

Although the website advertises GBP the checkout is in USD. I’ve ordered one opting for 10% off as standard delivery is free anyway. I’ll report back once it arrives.

Reactions: Slickric21

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I nearly bought one of these the other month. I recall that i added to my basket, filled out my details, then never went through with the purchase.
I later received a text message with a link that had a 20% off the adapter on it.
Never bought it though !! Still thinking about it.

Reactions: ReddStripe

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I nearly bought one of these the other month. I recall that i added to my basket, filled out my details, then never went through with the purchase.
I later received a text message with a link that had a 20% off the adapter on it.
Never bought it though !! Still thinking about it.

I tried that tactic too but just got an email the following day reminding me the item was in my cart. I wonder if you leave it in the cart for a few days they may offer up the discount. I’ve watched a few YouTube reviews and it all looks pretty good so thought I’d give it a shot. None of this specific make on eBay so worst case scenario is it gets sold on when they next do their 99p final value fee offer.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I’ve actually just ordered one myself now.
When I had the 20% offer the dongle was full price at £126.95.

It’s on offer already at £102.95 and then with your 10% discount code I’ve just paid £92 for it.

Hopefully it works well !!! We shall see

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Mine arrived yesterday. Took 8 days to arrive from the date of purchase. The box shows a UK address as the sender but this is obviously a UK address for the purpose of importation according to a Google search. Anyway here are a few pics of the packaging and the item. The instructions are really minimal but its not that complicated:

IMG_0027.jpg IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0029.jpg IMG_0031.jpg IMG_0032.jpg

It helps when setting it up to delete all saved bluetooth devices and WiFi saved networks BEFORE you initiate the first connection. I found that my iPhone was connecting to the car via Bluetooth and my home WiFi network before the CarPlay adaptor would connect for the first time. Once you have it paired though and add the car back to your phone as a separate Bluetooth connection all is good. The dongle initially searches for your phone using bluetooth and once paired it disconnects from Bluetooth and then connects via WiFi using the 4G signal for internet The search is instigated from the car display for your iPhone and all you need to do is accept the pairing code, accept the access conditions and then it will sort itself out.

Here is a comparison between the CarPlay screen connected via USB cable directly to the car:

IMG_0048.jpg

Compared to via the CPLAY2AIR adaptor:

IMG_0046.jpg

The only difference is that with a USB cable connection you do not get a battery charge level icon. And the adaptor has an annoying blue highlight to the phone icon name that seems to come and go. Other than than this there is no visual difference.

There is a very slight delay in pressing steering wheel controls to skip tracks - about 2 seconds but nothing excessive. Siri works fine too if that is your thing. It is early days yet but so far so good. I'm yet to test a decent run using it but I'm pretty happy with it. I just need to get a small piece of velcro to fix the dongle to the top of the storage compartment out of the way and then it will be bob on.

Reactions: Slickric21

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Great feedback and write up thank you.
My adapter hasn't arrived yet, but good to know about the little tips like removing from home wifi and car bluetooth first !!

Have you tried any voice calling on it ? Any lag or anything on that ?

edit:
Spoke to soon... guess what’s just arrived
:)
edit 2:
Installed, updated firmware and have to say works very very well on initial impressions

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.