CR170 opinions

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
Hi guys I know there are loads of threads similar but I'm just wanting your opinions on which remap to go for from a couple of my choices.

1.) AUTO-MARK @ Stokesly (North Yorkshire) = Custom code remap. I read through alot of threads that aren't very reassuring regarding custom code maps for the Diesel engines (why is this?).

2.) AWSOME GTI = I think we're all familiar with AWSOME but will still like your views/experiences on there maps.

3.) BIG-FISH TUNING @ Stokesly, not a custom code map but they have half decent reviews.

Also if you have advice on somewhere else in the north of England please feel free to let me know and experiences if you have any.

Many thanks,

Kev.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
BFT are very good. I can't find anything bad about them. My 1.2TSi is mapped by them and he was extremely helpful when I needed it removing. It's been dyno'd at 129BHP from the standard 105 so a pretty impressive increase and everyone that has seen my graph says it's pretty much perfect. I'd definitely recommend.

Everyone else will probably say Shark or Darkside developments are good!

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
CR170 remap opinions

Hi guys I know there are loads of threads similar but I'm just wanting your opinions on which remap to go for from a couple of my choices.

1.) AUTO-MARK @ Stokesly (North Yorkshire) = Custom code remap. I read through alot of threads that aren't very reassuring regarding custom code maps for the Diesel engines (why is this?).

2.) AWSOME GTI = I think we're all familiar with AWSOME but will still like your views/experiences on there maps.

3.) BIG-FISH TUNING @ Stokesly, not a custom code map but they have half decent reviews.

Also if you have advice on somewhere else in the north of England please feel free to let me know and experiences if you have any.

Many thanks,

Kev.

Edited

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
No Revo ???? Been running stage 1 on my car for nearly 40,000 now in two years with no problems

Think you'd be silly not to also consider a Revo map

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
I think you've been mis informed then!!! The CR engine is very smooth for power delivery and with the map makes it a rapid car. Just 'who' warned against a Revo map on a CR engine ??? Let me guess... Another tuner ? Or just hearsay from another driver ?

There is no aggression at all ,just pure smooth power delivery. As I say I've done just short of 40000 with my Revo map, no power surges, no fuelling issues, no DPF problems AND still returning 45-50mpg with mixed driving. (Car is regularly checked with VAGCOM to check for any engine issues)

I'd try driving a Revo mapped car before casting it off to one side and dismissing it as 'aggressive'. They are not the largest engine tuning/map suppliers in the UK for nothing ! Hence why main main dealers sell their maps including many main Audi, seat, skoda and VW dealers.

Don't let me stop you from looking at various tuners, but don't dismiss the Revo maps too!

If you were local you'd certainly be welcome to have a drive of mine!

Andy

FR_Kris

I think you've been mis informed then!!! The CR engine is very smooth for power delivery and with the map makes it a rapid car. Just 'who' warned against a Revo map on a CR engine ??? Let me guess... Another tuner ? Or just hearsay from another driver ?

There is no aggression at all ,just pure smooth power delivery. As I say I've done just short of 40000 with my Revo map, no power surges, no fuelling issues, no DPF problems AND still returning 45-50mpg with mixed driving. (Car is regularly checked with VAGCOM to check for any engine issues)

I'd try driving a Revo mapped car before casting it off to one side and dismissing it as 'aggressive'. They are not the largest engine tuning/map suppliers in the UK for nothing ! Hence why main main dealers sell their maps including many main Audi, seat, skoda and VW dealers.

Don't let me stop you from looking at various tuners, but don't dismiss the Revo maps too!

If you were local you'd certainly be welcome to have a drive of mine!

Andy

Well said :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.