Creaking noise coming from B Pillar

PKZ

May 16, 2021
Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this

I am posting this here because over the last week and a bit i have noticed a loud creaking noise from the interior of my car. It sounds like it's coming from the B pillar, directly in my ear. It occurs when I am travelling on uneven roads and sometimes when setting off and definitely more noticeable at town speed rather than motorway speeds. My initial thought was that it sounds like it could be the seatbelt holder, like a bolt or something just a bit loose behind the pillar. Although i have read other forum's regarding BMW's and other VW group cars that it could be issues with the door seals.

I know my car isn't brand new and she has clocked over 143k miles. Mechanically she is sound and drives well so surely this can be an easy fix, it's just so annoying. So i am wondering if anyone on here has any similar issues with their Mk3 Leon or know someone who has

Feb 14, 2020
I think I have something similiar on my Leon. However, it mostly occurs when the car Is hot. Either its some part of the seal or the plastic cover on outside of the door. If you find out the solution let me know, please

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I have this issue on my ST, particularly during warmer weather. The door seal on the leading edge of the rear door rubs on the trailing edge of the front door pillar.

I had the seals swapped 6 months ago under warranty, but has come back. I use gummi pfledge to lubricate the rubber seals which helps, but generally comes back when they dry out again.

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have this in my ST and only during warm weather lol another reason why I prefer Winter haha

Don't they call this a feature not a bug haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.