Creaking noise when turning tightly.

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
Happy New Year Folks:)

As per the title I'm getting an annoying creaking noises from the n/s/f when turning tightly, it seems to be more noticeable when damp/cold.

I'm thinking it's possibly the strut top bearing.

Anyone had anything similar or got any ideas?

Thanks

Stuart

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
CV Joint by the sounds of it.You may get away with replacing the CV rubber and regreasing the joint.Is the car fairly new? I'm thinking warranty as this should not happen to a newish car.

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
CV Joint by the sounds of it.You may get away with replacing the CV rubber and regreasing the joint.Is the car fairly new? I'm thinking warranty as this should not happen to a newish car.

The car is out of manufacturers warranty, it has an aftermarket scotsure warranty which does not seem to cover much.

Cheers

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
It's the one that came with the car. Not sure if I'll tke another warranty out when it expires.
Knowing my luck the car would break a month after.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Mine does the same in wet or damp conditions but not in the dry, as my mum drove off today in her VW Sirocco with manufacture 19 inch wheels on in the snow, it did the same. I personally think the wheels scrape ever so slightly :) It's very much like a creaking noise and only on full lock.

Danny.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.