Cried after curbing a copper alloy

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I have curbed one of my copper alloys and looking to see if anyone has had one repaired or have the colour details for a touch up, have tried a few smart repair and waiting for them to get back, and have a replacement cost from seat of £600. Hoping someone else has had one repaired and can recommend a good repair shop

thanks
chris

Attachments

• 4981BF1A-C1A7-40C4-8728-4CC60C070DB6.jpeg
    4981BF1A-C1A7-40C4-8728-4CC60C070DB6.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 59

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
been difficult to get a price for a repair with differing answers on how the finish is applied, I have an alloy repairers coming out with multiple swatches to try to match the colour, advised it may be 27a but they also think it’s very close to a Lamborghini colour, will update when done.

trying not to have to buy a new alloy at £600 but that’s a worse case option. with the car only being 3 months old its spoiling the look.

Jan 14, 2021
I think you will struggle with finding an ideal match. I've been trying for a while now. The issue is that if you want to maintain the diamond cut finish then you will need to apply a lacquer tint and they haven't produced one as far as I'm aware. The cup copper matt finish is a solid paint so the finish won't be the same.

For a small area you might be OK but for larger areas you may need to go the replacement route. The good news is that seatmotor parts has them in at £476.

hope that helps

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks and that’s the best price I have seen them at. I have some one trying tomorrow to fix and it’s only the edge s hopefully they can get it close, if not I will be ordering one of these

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
i have ordered a new alloy and the painter is going to try to do a cosmetic repair, will post a pic tomorrow when done. I dont Think he is going to get a match or repair I am happy with but at least I will know.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I did thanks, painter called, he can only do a cosmetic repair that from 6-10 feet looks ok, up close you can see the repair and it would loose the shine that the copper over the diamond cut has from new. i did speak to a shop that can do the gels and it’s all done on a cnc machine and he is trying to get the colour and pattern. But in all honesty just going With a new wheel to save all the messing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.