CRN Brake Disks

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find CRN brake disks for my LC... the website looks as though it is down.

Anyone know where I can get them from? - I'm sure someone mentioned ebay before but cannot find any?

Cheers!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
The rears are cheaper from volksbits also on ebay.

I used the 312 TT discs on front of mine, front are grooved and zink plated rears are drilled, grooved and zink plated :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
CRN are just cheap discs that they groove/drill themselves. They are known to wear quite quickly.

I'd rather spend a bit more on some proper harder wearing discs.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
i've only noticed a slight difference with the grooved discs i've got but i reckon the 40 grooves is totally overkill and would be fairly noisy (imo as i've never tried them), i don't think theres any need for that many and it will also chew through pads a bit quicker aswell

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
speaking to Olly they use either EBC or a German branded disc (both OEM spec) so as James said not cheap crap

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
i've only noticed a slight difference with the grooved discs i've got but i reckon the 40 grooves is totally overkill and would be fairly noisy (imo as i've never tried them), i don't think theres any need for that many and it will also chew through pads a bit quicker aswell

I like how 40 groove disks look though... :p:D

I cant understand why / how the more grooves would cause more noise ...

dentist

Feb 21, 2009
I had CRN Drilled and Grooved all round on my golf 1.8t and they were decent ( with Mintex Pads). Not a lot and noise, decent performance and lasted long enough.

Got Grooved on the rear of my LCR with Ferodo Pads and there good enough there,.

Depends on your driving really!

Deleted member 12147

I went from elliptical groove discs to the crn 40 groove and they are very noisy in comparison. But i'm happy with the crn discs, had them zinc plated to;)

calum001

Oct 9, 2009
the more grooves there are the more friction there will be when the pads press against the discs (therefore more noise), air can also travel through the grooves and it can give a slight whirring noise, yet again the more grooves the more noise

i'm not talking about a lot of noise here at all though, just a dull sound that you'll never hear if you have the radio on anyway

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Read plenty of people on here saying stay away from anything with EBC written on them.

Had some CRN discs myself and the lip was quite bad to say the pads were still like new. Tarox FTW!!