Cruise Control Not Maintaining Set Speed

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Driving mode won't have anything to do it. I'm ok when driving on M25 clockwise, becase car has no problem with speed limit signs and all the way to work behaves ok. But when I'm on the same stretch of M25 but anti-clockwise, there's a few spots when it thinks it's in Europe and misbahaves. And when I go anti-clockwise from my home, all the hell break loose, because no proper signs when joining motorway.

Interestingly, I did the same route twice J6 M25 to A21 exit for Tunbridge Wells,. On my first drive, car switched couple of times between 70 and 110 on M25 and A21. A few days day later, it switched from first 110 to 70 and stayed that way. And in Tunbridge Wells, where it previously discovered 40-60-40-60, on second drive it was 40-60-30-40. Where the 30 came from on the second run? It's 40 on that stretch of the road, it doesn't change to 60 or 30.

Anyway, I solved the problem of undertaking prevention and posted it in OBD Eleven thread https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obd-eleven.465537/post-4979594 Now factory can think about it as long as they like.

Reactions: Tell and Stonepope

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Driving mode won't have anything to do it. I'm ok when driving on M25 clockwise, becase car has no problem with speed limit signs and all the way to work behaves ok. But when I'm on the same stretch of M25 but anti-clockwise, there's a few spots when it thinks it's in Europe and misbahaves. And when I go anti-clockwise from my home, all the hell break loose, because no proper signs when joining motorway.

Interestingly, I did the same route twice J6 M25 to A21 exit for Tunbridge Wells,. On my first drive, car switched couple of times between 70 and 110 on M25 and A21. A few days day later, it switched from first 110 to 70 and stayed that way. And in Tunbridge Wells, where it previously discovered 40-60-40-60, on second drive it was 40-60-30-40. Where the 30 came from on the second run? It's 40 on that stretch of the road, it doesn't change to 60 or 30.

Anyway, I solved the problem of undertaking prevention and posted it in OBD Eleven thread https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obd-eleven.465537/post-4979594 Now factory can think about it as long as they like.
Awesome Agnes 😁, just read your posts. My trip back was the exact opposite with ACC continually intervening whilst overtaking legally, very frustrating!! I'm defo going to be buying the dongle 👍

Tell

Staff member

Ah well the M25 is circular so you just need to do it one way ... The way that works 😉.

I did come across a VW post where the intelligence was reading the road markings... probably German markings which means do something specific in Germany. Might explain something's.

Like the tail light fog one where German law is built into the cars so Brits can't go around dazzling people in rain above a specific speed without warning. The speed is based on German safety fog speed, so you can't speed with fogs on whether it's foggy or not.

I've decided it's image processing as an adjunct to standard ACC which is doing the fun stuff. That Bosch link.

The mod

Deactivate overtaking right prevention

- Select Control Unit 13
- Select Long Coding (0)
- Select overtaking_right_prevention
- Change from activated to Deactivated

Must take out the augmented processing from the top camera to ACC. Till I'm told wrong.

Nice Ozzie bird sounds on this one in the demo.

& graphics here:

Expect a 10 point app at some stage based on VW Odbeleven or just get the Pro.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise