Dec 29, 2021
Denmark
Hello. i have a 2003 mk2 toledo 1.8T. i have some problems with my cruise control. it does absolutely nothing, it started switching off by its self once in a while, but is now completely dead. i tried hooking up a vcds wich showed that clutch and brake switch are working as they should, but nothing happend when pushing the activation button for cruise control, so i tried changing my blinker lever, wich did nothing, while chang the lever, i checked for any damaged wires, but found nothing. any ideas for diagnosing are welcome :D

Dec 29, 2021
Denmark
Is there a fuse or something, if so i cant find it😅😅 and i cant find anything about the cruise control in the user manual either. Maybe its something aftermarket?(looks orgional)

Tell

Staff member
Not the dirty contacts on the switch that affected the Altea ?.

Klawit posted up the cleaning process way but when

Follow into here and the German post

Might be that it was an inherent issue of dirty contacts in the switch. In the end I gave up using CC since the issue returned when the contacts got dirty again. Reading posts the Toledo had this issue as well.

Dec 29, 2021
Denmark
What contacts do you mean exactly?
Not the dirty contacts on the switch that affected the Altea ?.

Klawit posted up the cleaning process way but when

Follow into here and the German post

Might be that it was an inherent issue of dirty contacts in the switch. In the end I gave up using CC since the issue returned when the contacts got dirty again. Reading posts the Toledo had this issue as well.
Dont think the contact are dirty since i just installed a brand new blinker lever

Tell

Staff member
What contacts do you mean exactly?

Dont think the contact are dirty since i just installed a brand new blinker lever
Probably not that then. The contacts are in this post that Klawit put up at the time:

Screenshot_20220307-094120.png

Screenshot_20220307-094138.png

The circled area.

"
finally tore a little the slats in 1 which are at the origin of the problem
since after a while they no longer make contact, which deactivates the regulator.
Clean switch 2
"

It was a common fault that CC would fail. As I posted up at the time I took the garage mechanic out with me, we did several roundabouts up the road, all OK then it failed. They replaced the unit... then it was OK for a bit.

Klawit says in his post in German at the time dealers were reconditioning switches using this cleaning method. Apparently you can take the switch apart in situ, undoing just one screw. I never tried but others did. I just stopped using it. My warranty ran out on the car so I wasnt prepared to pay a fancy price for a dealer to repair it, the first repair was done under warranty. Decided too much hassle to take the stick apart myself but other did.... probably just poorly held together.

It could be that even on a new unit, or reconditioned one if it has not been cleaned.

Dec 29, 2021
Denmark
Probably not that then. The contacts are in this post that Klawit put up at the time:

View attachment 30276

View attachment 30277

The circled area.

"
finally tore a little the slats in 1 which are at the origin of the problem
since after a while they no longer make contact, which deactivates the regulator.
Clean switch 2
"

It was a common fault that CC would fail. As I posted up at the time I took the garage mechanic out with me, we did several roundabouts up the road, all OK then it failed. They replaced the unit... then it was OK for a bit.

Klawit says in his post in German at the time dealers were reconditioning switches using this cleaning method. Apparently you can take the switch apart in situ, undoing just one screw. I never tried but others did. I just stopped using it. My warranty ran out on the car so I wasnt prepared to pay a fancy price for a dealer to repair it, the first repair was done under warranty. Decided too much hassle to take the stick apart myself but other did.... probably just poorly held together.

It could be that even on a new unit, or reconditioned one if it has not been cleaned.
i have played around a bit with the vcds and finally got the ECU to register the CC buttons being pressed by resetting the CC in messured values in ECU, but it still does not enable while driving. the only problem i can see now, is that the neutral position sensor seems to be stuck in neutral, and doesnt change when being set into any gear when looking at messured values. does anyone know the location of the neutral position sensor and/or OEM partsnumber??? (6-speed manual)

Dec 29, 2021
Denmark
i have played around a bit with the vcds and finally got the ECU to register the CC buttons being pressed by resetting the CC in messured values in ECU, but it still does not enable while driving. the only problem i can see now, is that the neutral position sensor seems to be stuck in neutral, and doesnt change when being set into any gear when looking at messured values. does anyone know the location of the neutral position sensor and/or OEM partsnumber??? (6-speed manual

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.