Cruise Control

davidstacey789

Thanks for your help, Mine is on an 08 plate but I bought it from a car supermarket and according to them it was made late last year, so maybe I have an older one with no light with a newer manual. Didn't realise Seat did different sized displays I must have the smaller one without all the menus on it. Great car though!

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
When i swapped oput my Instrument cluster without the large MFD to one with the larger MFD, I gained the sacred CC light :)

no use whatsoever though :D

Sorry off topic but, you had your dash upgraded? how much did that cost? I'd like the extra gizmos that come with the large MFD.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
erm, was about 450-500, Part of my bluetooth retrofit ;)

oh, plus half hour labour for the dealer to code.

davidstacey789

No, Idon't have bluetooth, infact I'm not entirely sure what I do and don't have yet. I bought it from a car supermarket who I think bought it from somewhere in Europe where usually they have different standard specs. So far all I know is that it has xenon lights and metallic paint, I've yet to check under seat to see if there is an IPod dock.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
A puzzling affair this is turning into.
Why should the light which is in the Speedo dial be affected by the MFD, on the opposite side of the instruments ?

Last edited:

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Low washer warning

So why is that Dan ?
Do you reckom it's because you will get through the remaining fluid much quicker with the washer jets that they feel they need to warn you ?
So many inconsistencies, it seems mighty odd ! :confused:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Headlight washers are a legal requirement for Xenons, so along the lines of this thinking, if you havent any washer fluid left, its not totally legal :)

antboy

this is just a thought but can the light for cruise control not be turned on via vag com or something as the light is actually in the dials

I had a astra before and fitted cruise in it myself as it was just a case of changing the stalk over but when the garage activated it they never turned the dial light on as it was a different switch in the ecu so it worked with no light until i took it another garage and they turned the dial light on for me

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
I had CC retrofitted to my Golf MkV by my dealer. They recoded via VAG COM and the light was activated - it was already there with a bulb in apparantly...

Those without - can you see the CC symbol on the dial? You may have to look carefully!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members