Cupra 0-60 after remap

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
depends how you drive it really mate, with a map and no handling mods to accompany youll lose precioud milliseconds via wheelspin etc.

somewhere 6 secs-6.5 secs should be right for 210bhp providing you get traction off the line.

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
I have this map and trust me, James is right, on slightly wet surface I spun upto third lol maybe some decent rubber will help however when a car is remapped try to avoid to many 0-60 as it can really damage the engine. I havnt timed mine yet but I'd say 6.5 poss 6 with quickshift kit

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
I have a 2002 1.8t cupra which has been remaped by ****** to 210bhp and i timed my 0-60 with tc off and done it in 6.7 which is pretty good consindering how much the car weighs

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
Interesting that a Cupra 180 remapped to circa 210bhp is quicker than a LCR210?

What torque figures do they claim for the stage 1 remap on the 180?

J:)

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
hmm. not sure if I have an issue with my cupra. It won't wheel spin at all just jumps up/down why is this ?

I.e put my foot down to much and it goes bang/bang and jumps like a rabbit till I ease off. I have tried this with TC off and its still the same.

Any ideas

Sry to high jack the thread with my question ill make a new 1 if no one has any ideas :shrug:

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
There is also the element of less turbo lag compared to the 210 version plus the maps are more agressive when compared to standard 210. Not sure wot mine is torque wise as I didn't have it dyno tested but think it's around 220 on a stock car with remap

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
hmm. not sure if I have an issue with my cupra. It won't wheel spin at all just jumps up/down why is this ?

I.e put my foot down to much and it goes bang/bang and jumps like a rabbit till I ease off. I have tried this with TC off and its still the same.

Any ideas

Sry to high jack the thread with my question ill make a new 1 if no one has any ideas :shrug:

Pass on that mate is the tc warning light comming on when you switch it off, can you tell me how to start a new thread as I can't for the life of me find out how it's done :(

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
If the remapped LC180 puts out about 220lb/ft of torque then that would explain why its quicker than the standard LCR210 because that only has 199lb/ft.

The banging/jumping that the car does when you boot it from the line can be cured by replacing the front dogbone bushes - I'm sure there's heaps of info on here under the search options...

The traction control light will come on if the tyres break contact with the road surface IMO so I think the bush upgrade is the way to go for modified cars.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
i used racechrono application and got times around 7s (0 - 62) but I'm sure that wider tyres could do an improvement here (i'm still on standard 205/55/16).

JamJay

California Bound

Any ideas

It's called wheel hop and it's caused by the engine moving under acceleration. You need to upgrade your engine mounts for stiffer ones. I suggest trying the gearbox mount first, try here:

http://www.thsperformance.co.uk/cat...ems/1997_2004__MK4_Plateform_VAG_Cars_,i.html

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Can someone please explain exactly what is happening when you a 'wheel hopping'? :) and how changing the mounts fixes it.

I think i'll probably go for that THS mount at some point..

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
all the power going to the front wheels, coupled with the twisting force causes the wheel to scrabble for grip, and bounce.
the uprated mounts are stiffer so less twisting action from the engine, hence less bounce.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Sounds good mate, but lets be honest - yours has a little more than just a remap :D

Really? :confused::D

Exhaust isnt full system (yet) so wont make much difference... rest of stuff just make the car run better rather than more power ;)

IMHO it should be running another 10-15bhp minimum but it was too warm when RR'd last time.

But I'm happy with the torque figure!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members