• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • Hi Guest! The new metal keyrings are now in stock with free delivery in the UK order yours now.

Cupra 280 belt or chain??

ben

Nov 26, 2015
Hello I think I’ve got a classic coolant leak so will hazard a guess that I need a water pump. Obviously I will get it looked at by a mechanic before replacing it.

I know usually people say that you might as well change a cam belt when you change the water pump. I don’t seem to be able to find any information about whether the cupra 280 is belt or chain? Does any one know for sure??

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Common problem for coolant leak on the Golf R is around the thermostat so check that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Think I have the same look like it’s very very very slow leak and it’s at the front on the engine under by the throttle intake

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
No it’s very very slow I have topped it up as it had dropped about 2mm on the max level about 6 weeks ago and it’s just about the same again I have been in traffic and stuff no problem just had look over and noticed water on bottom engine

Reactions: xyz

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
Common problem for coolant leak on the Golf R is around the thermostat so check that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thermostat is built-in the water pump, mine turned out to be the water pump common fault

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor