cupra 280 fuel

lee wwfc

Dec 8, 2013
Recently purchased a 280 and was wondering what fuel it's meant to be run on or what people recommended (it's standard)? Previous car was mapped to use super so doesn't bother me either way.

Cheers Lee

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Mine says Super Unleaded only on the fuel flap so it has had Momentum every time I have filled it.

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
I wouldn't use unleaded, it'll run but isn't recommended with a performance engine. Doesn't do the Pistons any good.

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015
When I picked my Cupra up I asked this question (mine has 98/95 on the filler cap).

I was told if I can use super then great but if not just use normal unleaded. They were also quick to point out that all their staff run normal unleaded (or at least at this particular Seat).

That being said, I use V Power.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You are best using 98ron+ but it can be run on 95ron.

We did some logging a few months ago on my car using Momentum99 and Nitro+ and Momentum 99 pulled alot more timing when logging so have been using Nitro+ since.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
When I picked my Cupra up I asked this question (mine has 98/95 on the filler cap).

I was told if I can use super then great but if not just use normal unleaded. They were also quick to point out that all their staff run normal unleaded (or at least at this particular Seat).

That being said, I use V Power.

Most of the dealers do that, and the handbook does say 95 just gives a bit less performance, no warnings about for emergency only use.

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015
I ran my first tank on 95 as it was all I could get at the time, did some 330 odd miles. This tank I have used V Power, only 80 miles in and not had the chance to plant my foot yet due to being ill and the bad weather.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise