Cupra 290 stage 1

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Last edited:

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
what is your setup, i was checking this one and the apr.
what do you recommend for my car. car is use just for the street
Stage 3 with 449whp and 490wNm. I already had the r600 intake, do88 intercooler with pipes and milltek 76mm cat back from stage 2.
Additionally I fitted a custom 80mm downpipe with cat, hybrid turbo, stock ttrs spark plugs, autotech hpfp and apr lpfp.

I can only recommend the apr lpfp as it's the one I have in my car and I haven't had any problems with it, also my mechanic told me it was a very easy fit because it included an instructions document with pictures, so you can do it pretty much yourself if you have the tools.

Reactions: Cupra Ultimate

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Stage 3 with 449whp and 490wNm. I already had the r600 intake, do88 intercooler with pipes and milltek 76mm cat back from stage 2.
Additionally I fitted a custom 80mm downpipe with cat, hybrid turbo, stock ttrs spark plugs, autotech hpfp and apr lpfp.

I can only recommend the apr lpfp as it's the one I have in my car and I haven't had any problems with it, also my mechanic told me it was a very easy fit because it included an instructions document with pictures, so you can do it pretty much yourself if you have the tools.
By replacing the lpfp upgrade i think the ecu need to be adjust again and would that give what extra ponys?

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Probably yes, you should ask your tuner.
If you are currently fuel limited and all other mods support it you can get well over 500hp with this pump.
yeah im gonna ask my tuner indeed. 500hp nah i dont think this turbo is rated 485hp
Allready have vis motorsport internal on my hpfp, d088 intercooler and chargepipe. apr bobine and ngk racing sparkplug and forge motorsport intake and 3.5 inch downpipe

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
By replacing the lpfp upgrade i think the ecu need to be adjust again and would that give what extra ponys?
Just replacing the LPFP does not require any ECU changes to be made, unless you were already running lean on the old pump(maxing out the duty-cycle of the injectors because the old fuelpump could not supply enough fuel to maintain the correct flow).

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Just replacing the LPFP does not require any ECU changes to be made, unless you were already running lean on the old pump(maxing out the duty-cycle of the injectors because the old fuelpump could not supply enough fuel to maintain the correct flow).
My tuner didnt actuslly tell me that i need to replace it. I was juat reading about lpfp upgrade. And was thinking if i need to replace it.

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
And for the lpfp, the kits from Bartek (and most other vendors) are way overpriced, it is a rebranded Walbro 525 pump, just because they add a pump holder, a few dril bits and bolts and washers to a Walbro fuel pump..
The 'Hellcat' Walbro 525 fuel pump costs about 200 euros (https://www.biesheuvel.nl/nl/walbro-gst520-525lph-in-tank-fuel-pump).
If anyone ever wants to 3d scan or copy that CTS/Bartek pump holder, so it can be 3d printed out of fuel-resistant plastic, that would open up a much cheaper path for this LPFP ugprade

Reactions: Cupra Ultimate
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise