Cupra 290 stage 1

Mar 27, 2020
I’m going stage 1 with Revo, anyone used Progressive parts? Any recommendations on Revo dealers please?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Finally took the plunge and got a Revo tune (mode 3 100 RON) in a car with less than 3000km, that's a new record for me for fastest tune after purchase. :bleh:
The car totally transformed, +90 plus hp just with stage 1. So far all I can say is that it's totally worth it.

So, yesterday took it for a couple of runs to see the power gains as the gauges have been re calibrated to show the increased power. The dealer also said that after re calibration the gauge now shows the actual power, so maybe a dyno isn't worth the trouble.

In this video max kw is 279 that's about 379 hp, in a previous run I saw 282kw ~383hp but unfortunately I couldn't get it on video (I base my calculations on the advertised stock power numbers 290hp=213kw).

Just a new video after fitting the R600 intake (+turbo elbow) and do88 ic. I also have the milltek catback (non-res) just for the sound.
As you can see, there is a 21kw increase from the previous video (also a small increase in boost and g-force too).
Mind you that the runs took place at the exact same spot.
The additional mods should show some increase in performance because of lower IATs, however it seems a lot more than I would expect.
Could it be down to both the additional mods and the 7°C cooler weather (22 vs 15), 7° doesn't seem much of a difference tbh.
I don't care about the numbers themselves (I know the car can't make 300kw~= 400hp just with these mods+stage 1) I'm talking about the difference.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
How much power can these engine take on stock internals.
im at satge 2 at the moment and planning to go stage 3 with the Garrett Powermax stage 1 turbo (GT2260S turbocharger)

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
How much power can these engine take on stock internals.
im at satge 2 at the moment and planning to go stage 3 with the Garrett Powermax stage 1 turbo (GT2260S turbocharger)
I'm currently in the process of gathering all the necessary parts for my stage 3 with a hybrid turbo. If your engine is a ea888 gen 3, stock internals are fine up to 1.9 bars boost roughly 600Nm.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
I'm currently in the process of gathering all the necessary parts for my stage 3 with a hybrid turbo. If your engine is a ea888 gen 3, stock internals are fine up to 1.9 bars boost roughly 600Nm.
Yes i have a ea888 gen 3. What kind of parts are you gathering to go stage 3. Amd what kind od turbo are you going for

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Yes i have a ea888 gen 3. What kind of parts are you gathering to go stage 3. Amd what kind od turbo are you going for
I'm aiming for around 500bhp, so for that kind of power I chose the LM500 V2 hybrid. I've already the r600 intake, do88 intercooler and milltek 76mm cat back. I'll be fitting a custom 80mm downpipe with euro 6 sports cat, autotech hpfp. I haven't confirmed if an upgraded lpfp is needed too.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
I'm aiming for around 500bhp, so for that kind of power I chose the LM500 V2 hybrid. I've already the r600 intake, do88 intercooler and milltek 76mm cat back. I'll be fitting a custom 80mm downpipe with euro 6 sports cat, autotech hpfp. I haven't confirmed if an upgraded lpfp is needed too.
Im also aiming too 500bhp, 450 - 485 would also be oke. I have all the hardware except a catback.. i read that this engine can handle max 500bhp with stock internals.

Last edited:

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Im also aiming too 500bhp, 450 - 485 would also be oke. I have all the hardware except a catback.. i read that this engins can handle max 500bhp woth stock internals.
It's not that much the hp that matters but the torque and boost. If your tuner can limit the torque to 600Nm it's highly unlikely you'll have any issues.
You don't need a catback if you have a large downpipe with a free flowing cat, it's mainly for acoustics. I had the milltek catback installed when I was stage 2 and wasn't seriously thinking of going stage 3 yet, so I'm stuck with 76mm in the back but I like the sound it makes so I'm happy with that.
Have you figured out if both pumps are needed for your setup? Revo stage 3 for the pre-gpf models needs both pumps.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
ooh ok so the torque is what kill those engines. actually at the moment im at 408bhp and 546nm torque.
nah your right i dont need a catback i allready have a 3,5 inch downpipe with 200cell sportcat.
the company that advise me the Garrett powermax stage 1 told me that only the hpfp is needed.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Today my car went in for tuning stage 3. it got nice numbers. but it was very hot today 30 degree celsius.
462hp and 557nm torque I wil do a test wen the temp is a bit colder...

Reactions: queen

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Today i put a valve system under my car, from my 3.5 inch downpipe with 200 cell sportcat to 3 inch with a valve system. i was wondering does a intake manifold give you extra power..

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
Intake manifold may free up a few ponies, however it is more of a insurance factor for the plastic not starting to crackle(although I never heard that to be happening)..
Main benefit of the right aftermarket intake manifold might be the possibility to put in some direct-runner WMI nozzles :)
I would upgrade the LPFP no matter what, as yours is already starting to get old, and you are pushing it to the max.. A better, fresh one, will always be better then the old one.
Which 3.5" downpipe do you have? You can always upgrade that one to the Trackslag 4" Monster downpipe, to lower EGT and free up another few ponies.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Yeah i was also checking for a intake manifold. But will see not really necesary at the moment. An lpfp i was wondering cause im running more than 450hp and saw that an upgrade would be good. My downpipe is from e-exhaust.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.