Cupra 300 ST fender flares

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Hello all!

Has anyone got any information to share about mounting the R fender flares/ wheel arches on the Cupra 300 ST?

I have seen pictures of it done on the estate but it would be nice to get some in depth information. As far as I can tell, the rear piece that goes behind the rear wheel and bumper needs to be modified because of the different lines and rear ends of hatchback vs estate.

5F0071680GRU-plan.jpg
5F0071680GRU (1).jpg
Zoom.jpg

Part Number5F0071680 GRU

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbadjay

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Front is a straight fit for obvious reasons.

However, the rear requires 2 pieces cutting to shape sanding smoothing etc.

The first is the rear fake vent. The shape doesn't match the rear bumper shape, so its just sanded down to an arch shape like the rest of it.

1617102252866.png

The diagram doesn't show all the parts, there is an additional part that sits under the final part shown in the diagram. This is the second piece that needs cutting etc.
1617102377263.png

Finally the join lines do not match the standard ST bumper, so depends on how much that would annoy you:
1617102234980.png

There are at least 3 STs that I'm aware of that have done this. One in the UK is a white replica diesel FR.

And 2 Cupra R ST's in Sweden I think.

Reactions: Matsnork

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Front is a straight fit for obvious reasons.

However, the rear requires 2 pieces cutting to shape sanding smoothing etc.

The first is the rear fake vent. The shape doesn't match the rear bumper shape, so its just sanded down to an arch shape like the rest of it.

View attachment 23221

The diagram doesn't show all the parts, there is an additional part that sits under the final part shown in the diagram. This is the second piece that needs cutting etc.
View attachment 23222

Finally the join lines do not match the standard ST bumper, so depends on how much that would annoy you:
View attachment 23220

There are at least 3 STs that I'm aware of that have done this. One in the UK is a white replica diesel FR.

And 2 Cupra R ST's in Sweden I think.
Fantastic info. Thank you very much! Much more to go on now ... The question now is how much work is involved for a regular person to pull it of. I will have to do some research and some marathon watching of youtube tutorials before I order the parts.

ryc1

Aug 29, 2020
There's nothing on YouTube (believe me iv looked)

And the parts will all need painted so I would advise you just give it to a decent body shop to do the lot.

As I plan to do this with our car(UK car) this was basically my sum up. The reason I suggest this is paint shop will decide wether the rear part after you've chopped it up is paint able so light aswell let them chop it.

UK prices I have seen so far is like £700 unpainted btw and I posted about this before and eventually found part numbers. Other thing that was mentioned is apparently some dealers don't want to give you the parts of it's not already a cupra r car as seat don't want loads of reps..

Good luck though. I'll rave to see who gets it up first haha

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
There's nothing on YouTube (believe me iv looked)

And the parts will all need painted so I would advise you just give it to a decent body shop to do the lot.

As I plan to do this with our car(UK car) this was basically my sum up. The reason I suggest this is paint shop will decide wether the rear part after you've chopped it up is paint able so light aswell let them chop it.

UK prices I have seen so far is like £700 unpainted btw and I posted about this before and eventually found part numbers. Other thing that was mentioned is apparently some dealers don't want to give you the parts of it's not already a cupra r car as seat don't want loads of reps..

Good luck though. I'll rave to see who gets it up first haha
Forgot to post an answer. This project is not a priority right now since I have a lot of other things i need sorting first, amongst them a house renovation, so most likely you will win the "race" haha.

On monday I´m mounting a milltek downpipe, and after that I have to find time to mount Rieger all round. Skirts needs painting etc.

Oh well. Regarding the flares: What is the best way to reshape the rear part? Using flower foam blocks and filler/sanding similar to what people do when they build from scratch? Wish I had laser scanner and a 3d-printer...

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Stumbled across this f ont widebody kit while lurking around the internet. So for only seen the OEM one and JE designs very expensive ones. Anyone have any info/experience with this product? To be honest I'm not sure what you get:

ryc1

Aug 29, 2020
Stumbled across this f ont widebody kit while lurking around the internet. So for only seen the OEM one and JE designs very expensive ones. Anyone have any info/experience with this product? To be honest I'm not sure what you get:

Hello there. They have a TUV certificate so they must be of reasonable quality. I would question the fitment and ask for pictures from the supplier of the unpainted part.

This is because they say it can fit 2.5cm wider without modifying the front bumper but our bumpers are quite high mounting at that point so don't know how it would look

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Hello there. They have a TUV certificate so they must be of reasonable quality. I would question the fitment and ask for pictures from the supplier of the unpainted part.

This is because they say it can fit 2.5cm wider without modifying the front bumper but our bumpers are quite high mounting at that point so don't know how it would look
I also felt a bit confused by this. Maybe it arches out above the wheel and flowes bak to the original line before the bumper?

ryc1

Aug 29, 2020
I also felt a bit confused by this. Maybe it arches out above the wheel and flowes bak to the original line before the bumper?
I'd give them a ring or an email to confirm this before I paid shipping etc. It could be quite good but I'd like the flair on the back as well.

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
I'd give them a ring or an email to confirm this before I paid shipping etc. It could be quite good but I'd like the flair on the back as well.
Yeah, I'm not going to buy the kit. Not now anyway. But since I stumbled across it I thought someone might find it interesting.
The OEM seems like a smarter buy because you know it will fit.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looking at it, and having taken the bumper off. mine before now, there is certainly enough flex in that part of the bumper for it to come out wider.

So if the arch is designed with an adjusted angle to suit where it means the bumper, it could easily work. On the join line there is a screw hole that pulls the bumper in to sit flush with the arch, I'd assume the replacement arch would just do the same.

If you do contact them, I'd be asking for photos of the inside edge as well as the outside edge.

Matsnork

Mar 29, 2021
Well time flies. I still have the car and still thinking about the options for fender flares, or the lack thereof.

Looking at the plastic fender trim on the Leon X-perience. Anyone know where I could find the part numbers for it?

Would be interesting to see how it is constructed and if it could be modified to fit the facelift.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members