Cupra 70plate map. Lease.

Oct 11, 2020
Hi, this is mainly directed at people who have leased cupra's but any help from other people would be grateful.

I understand on a leased vehicle you can make changes to the car as long as they are reversible such as a resonator etc.

One thing which I'm not 100% clear about is mapping the car? I've not seen any threads for it but was wondering if mapping the car is possible as it is reversible?

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020
Didn’t someone do this on here years ago, an issue occurred with the car after the mod and Seat wouldn’t fix it?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I have no idea how leasing works in the UK, but what about a tuning box? You can install/remove it on your own at any time and seat/leasing company would be none the wiser.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I have no idea how leasing works in the UK, but what about a tuning box? You can install/remove it on your own at any time and seat/leasing company would be none the wiser.

They can. The torque outputs into the gearbox are stored and any sudden big increases in torque will get their suspicions up. Audi sent out an internal memo out a few years ago instructing their dealerships to do just such a thing before doing warranty work. The chances of SEAT or a lease company doing such a thing are small with regards to a lease BUT don’t be fooled into thinking that any map or tuning box is undetectable. On top of that, that guy on the Living Life Fast YouTube channel got caught out when he modified his lease car - although he was a bellend for plastering it all over the www!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
One of the many reasons I will never lease a car. I can't imagine having a car on the drive, and not being able to do anything to it without asking permission.

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
They can. The torque outputs into the gearbox are stored and any sudden big increases in torque will get their suspicions up. Audi sent out an internal memo out a few years ago instructing their dealerships to do just such a thing before doing warranty work. The chances of SEAT or a lease company doing such a thing are small with regards to a lease BUT don’t be fooled into thinking that any map or tuning box is undetectable. On top of that, that guy on the Living Life Fast YouTube channel got caught out when he modified his lease car - although he was a bellend for plastering it all over the www!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting, wonder if that is a Vag thing. I had a TDItuning box on my Mondeo for ages and when it all went tits up i removed the box and ford spent 3 days with the machines hooked in and could find nothing untoward.

They also couldn't find out what the hell was wrong with the car and blindly changed the DPF filter on a hunch.. It worked though

Reactions: xyz

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
Dont bother, If your gearbox somehow gets malfunctioning because of the map you will be charge £10k for a new DSG box. I mean do all the others mods as you like for example the exhaust and reversible mods, but mods that affect the engine in the long run i wouldn't bother. Unless your talking about tune boxes that will leave "no trace".

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members