Cupra Ateca 2022 - errors and limp mode after high revs

May 5, 2021
Just after any info anyone might have, or if anyone has witnessed anything similar in their Cupra Ateca.

Had the car just over a month, only driven just over 500 miles in it. Car is brand new 2022, im the first owner.

First time I tried to use Cupra mode and floor it, the car showed multiple errors on dashboard 'ESC error' 'start/stop error' and a warning triangle.
The car also felt very juddery after the warning appeared while any revs were applied.
I turned the engine off, turned back on and all was fine.

I managed to reproduce the error to a family member before taking it to the dealship for a full diagnostic check.
Dealship found nothing. Apparently it does thsi while in the 'run in period'. I was pointed to the section of the handbook where it states run in period is 1000 mile ish.

Car has ran fine since, even while in sport/cupra mode.. but yesterday had the same issue. Again while in Cupra and flooring it. Had to pull over and restart the car.

My question is .. should i not be using the car in Cupra mode yet. Should i be taking it really steady for the first 1000 miles?
I never had this with my GTI and I trashed that from day 1, owned it for 4 years with no issues.

Robsta71

Apr 29, 2022
Hi mate have you put the cupra connect app on your phone? I've had mine for a month now and just set up user profile and registered on cupra connect the app let you see info like vehicle health report and information on the car I've had no issues that your experiencing and tried launch control twice got motion sickness lol 😂

May 5, 2021
Hi mate have you put the cupra connect app on your phone? I've had mine for a month now and just set up user profile and registered on cupra connect the app let you see info like vehicle health report and information on the car I've had no issues that your experiencing and tried launch control twice got motion sickness lol 😂
I have got the Cupra connect app. I've not opened the app when the car has the faults tbh, it's not something I thought of at the time.

My car would definitely throw the faults up if I tried to launch it. It seems to have done it every time I attempt close to full power during a short drive.

Robsta71

Apr 29, 2022
I have got the Cupra connect app. I've not opened the app when the car has the faults tbh, it's not something I thought of at the time.

My car would definitely throw the faults up if I tried to launch it. It seems to have done it every time I attempt close to full power during a short drive.
Hi I would ask someone at the dealership to go out with you to demonstrate the fault certainly shouldn't be doing it imo

Reactions: XoSkeleton
May 10, 2022
Could be a faulty coil or spark plug? My last car went through a 3 coil packs in 3 years and this is what would happen. Under the heaviest acceleration it would judder and give errors on the dash.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.