Cupra Ateca order update

May 25, 2021
I'm still waiting for my Cupra Ateca, although I was given a build date of 25th October from contacting Cupra direct. I have now been told that his has not been confirmed by Cupra by my lease company. The lease company keep telling me the same spiel that the manufacturer has not confirmed a build date and I've been waiting just over 18 weeks now since they placed the order. Not sure if I will get it before the year is over. Luckily I can keep extending my current VW Tiguan lease, but would rather have the car by now oh well.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? Thanks

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I wouldn’t be to disheartened as new car orders are starting to get better. Plus the wait let’s you become an expert on the car before collection :thumbup:

Last edited:
May 5, 2021
I am in the exact same place as you. Ordered back in May this year (7 months), was originally told August... Then Sept, then Nov.. now it's just "unknown". Hoping for this side of march as my PCP ends on my current car then.

Mar 3, 2022
I'm in a pretty difficult situation with our Cupra Ateca VZ2 order. We placed the order in September 2021 having been told the extended lead time would be circa 6 months, with our car arriving in late Feb/March 2022 just in time for our current PCP'd Jag XF to go back. Fast forward to now and we've finally been given a build date....of week 45 2022. Which gives us a delivery date of January 2023. A grand total of 16 months from order to potential delivery, absolutely mental. Has anyone else experienced such ridiculous lead times?

Firaxis

Dec 24, 2018
I'm in a pretty difficult situation with our Cupra Ateca VZ2 order. We placed the order in September 2021 having been told the extended lead time would be circa 6 months, with our car arriving in late Feb/March 2022 just in time for our current PCP'd Jag XF to go back. Fast forward to now and we've finally been given a build date....of week 45 2022. Which gives us a delivery date of January 2023. A grand total of 16 months from order to potential delivery, absolutely mental. Has anyone else experienced such ridiculous lead times?
Yes, Golf R would have been about 18 months.. UKCarline had / has some stock Cupra Ateca VZ1's in for May (this year) delivery, the VZ2's I'm unsure about as the other day it said September but now they're saying June. I'm not sure if they mean June 2023 or not? Wouldn't be surprised.

May 25, 2021
Hi thought I would give another update. I originally placed my order towards the end of June 2021 and it was confirmed around 16th July.

A few weeks ago I had an email from the lease company saying that the dealership had confirmed a build date w/c 14/03 but a lot of vehicles are scheduled for production and have not finished being built and stuck at the factory. In the same email they said they would only be notified if it finishes production w/c 28/03.

Emailed them today for an update and was told unfortunately it has not been built and will only be told when it leaves the factory after which it will be a further wait of 4 to 6 weeks. So its approaching around a full year's wait.

• Sad
Reactions: Firaxis

Firaxis

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah I'm in the same boat, ordered one due to a "promised" May delivery only to be told a few days later it's on an "unconfirmed" build date of August. That means it could take another year.. I understand the state of affairs and it's only a car but I'm not fond of misinformation..

May 25, 2021
By some miracle (well hardly a miracle as its been delayed a few times) I have been told there is a car that someone else has cancelled the order for so I am finally getting my new Cupra delivered on 22nd April. Hopefully it is the car I want with the options I ordered.

Tell

Staff member
All things may end well.... 4-6 weeks from leaving the factory sounds about right. The parts shortage is causing chaos. Anyone not tied to a dealership the Seat central sales lubricated operation via the supermarket approach, either end of the M25 (Lakeside and Westfield, White City) seem to be able to dip into the arrivals and pick out cars. Caused the local dealer here to smart. I'm not too sure with current shortages whether they still have this edge.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
All things may end well.... 4-6 weeks from leaving the factory sounds about right. The parts shortage is causing chaos. Anyone not tied to a dealership the Seat central sales lubricated operation via the supermarket approach, either end of the M25 (Lakeside and Westfield, White City) seem to be able to dip into the arrivals and pick out cars. Caused the local dealer here to smart. I'm not too sure with current shortages whether they still have this edge.
I may have imagined it, but I think I saw somewhere that Lakeside SEAT at Thurrock had closed.

Tell

Staff member
I may have imagined it, but I think I saw somewhere that Lakeside SEAT at Thurrock had closed.
All good things come to an end. Lakeside one appears end of December 2021 and indeed the Whitecity one. They were run by an American dealership chain for Seat UK. You got a Seat UK marked number plate. Perhaps Seat dealership kicked up too much fuss about them or Covid took the footfall down.

Won't be getting my all electric one in 2030 from there then. The Arona came from there. You paid on direct debit with the card reader slapped in front of you if you were paying "cash". Glass inspection room for collection in the basement and off you went.

They didnt honour the website pricing site... oh that was a mistake in the system, the other side of the m25 was offering the same car on the price they said was a mistake. They did lay their hands on a brand new Arona that met the spec without a 5 month wait at the time by accessing Seats shipping information. Guess dealers in the know with good contacts in Seat can still find these cars. Excess show room ones, cancelled orders etc. The traditional car showroom ones have dings etc rejected and sold off at reduction. These were blemish free siphoned off from the imports.

Screenshot_20220413-084912.png

Reactions: Seriously?

tony204

Dec 5, 2008
Todmorden
OMG ....just ordered a Cupra Ateca VZ3 with Pan Sunroof,... looked at Formentor VZ3, but didn't have enough room in the boot and not a lot of headroom, so plummed for another Ateca.

Was told by dealer and VW Finance lease guy expected delivery November and should be here for my lease end of December 31st, but reading comments I'm not holding my breathe! Was looking at Seat Tarraco FR Sport 245 until they told me it would be definitely over 12 months wait !

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I am soon to sell my facelift ateca C&S with copper wheels and pan roof, only done 7000 miles and as I have minor dent cover, no damage or chips as they get fixed and I am getting low ball offers, crazy when there are so few available and this only only 14 months old

Robsta71

Apr 29, 2022
Hi
I ordered my vz1 ateca June 21 and just received a couple of days ago so 10 month from order. Could never get updates as the manufacturer turned updating off so just had to wait. I requested that it was delivered with wrappers on unwashed and this was honoured.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Hi
I ordered my vz1 ateca June 21 and just received a couple of days ago so 10 month from order. Could never get updates as the manufacturer turned updating off so just had to wait. I requested that it was delivered with wrappers on unwashed and this was honoured.
Is that the standard paint finish ?.

They are handsome cars, better lookers than the Leon 4 that look bland in comparison.

Firaxis

Dec 24, 2018
Mine's been built ahead of schedule so that's cool, what are we talking MPG wise or should I not ask?

Robsta71

Apr 29, 2022
Mine's been built ahead of schedule so that's cool, what are we talking MPG wise or should I not ask?
Hi it cost me £84 to fill with shell V power I've only done local driving not really any M way driving and I've done 112 since refuel and it says I've got 200 left to re fill. I've seen it display around 27 to 28 mpg and drove it in comfort most of the time.

Reactions: Firaxis

Robsta71

Apr 29, 2022
Hi again I've just took a trip to barbers on combination of 30/40 mph roads please see pic of date hope this helps you

Attachments

• 16521061040946789756059044766645.jpg
    16521061040946789756059044766645.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: jcbmally
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.