• CUPRA Born 150PS (110kW) 45kWh capacity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've changed my mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
So... I was called this morning and was told that a stock of Cupra Borns had arrived. most of these were V2 with L-Tech pack.

I didnt want it, so i have passed. The one i ordered had Beats Audio.

In short, thet are here!

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
So... I was called this morning and was told that a stock of Cupra Borns had arrived. most of these were V2 with L-Tech pack.

I didnt want it, so i have passed. The one i ordered had Beats Audio.

In short, thet are here!
How cool is this? :)

I've just received the build-week for my car and, somewhat surprisingly, it's this week! No idea how long they take to get through the postal system to the UK, but I am definitely living in hope of actually seeing this car before the summer is gone.

May 13, 2022
Evening all.

So I ordered my Born V2 on the 29th April, with an dealer estimated delivery time of 3-6 months. Paper work does state 10th October delivery, but I'm assuming this will get pushed back going by what I've seen with the ID3's. No build number confirmation as yet.

Additional options were Aurora Blue paint & Beats Audio.

Reactions: daern
May 17, 2022
Evening all.

So I ordered my Born V2 on the 29th April, with an dealer estimated delivery time of 3-6 months. Paper work does state 10th October delivery, but I'm assuming this will get pushed back going by what I've seen with the ID3's. No build number confirmation as yet.

Additional options were Aurora Blue paint & Beats Audio.
Hi everyone.

I’ve just joined on here this morning.

I ordered my Born V2 on 24th April but my order form states delivery to be February 2023!!

I’m not sure if that’s a worst case to cover themselves or if the dealerships just make it up (or both).

Paul

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
Hi everyone.

I’ve just joined on here this morning.

I ordered my Born V2 on 24th April but my order form states delivery to be February 2023!!

I’m not sure if that’s a worst case to cover themselves or if the dealerships just make it up (or both).

Paul
Hello and welcome!

It's very hard to gauge right now. There have been few (no?) deliveries of customer cars in the UK yet and while some (myself included) have delivery dates in the next couple of months, a glance at the 4000+ post "delivery time" thread on the ID3 forums show that there's been a huge amount of inconsistency in how cars are rolling off the production line in Zwickau. (all VW MEB models including the ID.3, ID.4 and Cupra Born all come off the same production line in this factory). One thing's for sure - the 77kWh ID.3 models have been hugely delayed - plenty of people waiting for ID.3 tour and max models which were due for production in the last two months of 2021 still haven't seen them yet, so if your own V2 is the larger battery spec, I would suspect this will have a longer lead-time and 2023 is probably realistic.

That said, anecdotally it does appear that VW might be prioritising UK Cupra Born builds for a period of time to get the first cars out on the road. Certainly, if I get my own car in July as currently scheduled, there will be a fair number of people who ordered ID.3s much earlier and won't receive them until months after.

I think that none of us really have a clue when these cars are going to turn up and have our fingers crossed that it will be sooner rather than later. Just keep pestering your dealer to see if it's been issued with a build week as this will give you an early indication of when it might turn up.

Jul 4, 2022
Took delivery of a new V2 Cupra Born last Thurs. Only had to wait 2 weeks and 3 days for it. Considering myself very lucky that the local dealership had 5 ready to sell. For the model I wanted, turns out I beat the guy who's the Yorkshire Vet on TV to it! 😆

Reactions: Syphon and jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Took delivery of a new V2 Cupra Born last Thurs. Only had to wait 2 weeks and 3 days for it. Considering myself very lucky that the local dealership had 5 ready to sell. For the model I wanted, turns out I beat the guy who's the Yorkshire Vet on TV to it! 😆
Welcome to the forum, don’t forget to post pics.

Jul 4, 2022
Some pics as requested 😁 Amazing how different it looks in different light. IMG_20220701_083209__01.jpg IMG_20220630_165834__01__01.jpg

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I placed an order this weekend for a Rayleigh Red Born V2 with eboost, tech pack M, Beats and the Cargo pack. Absolutely no idea of lead time yet, if it’s this year I’ll be surprised.

Reactions: Syphon

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I’ve just received an ‘early March 2023’ delivery ETA. You can see why second hand car prices have gone so mad recently!

• Sad
Reactions: Syphon
May 17, 2022
Hi. After 11 weeks of waiting for an update since I placed my order, I happened to see on the website that my dealer had the v2 born brand new in stock. I asked if I could cancel my order for the car they had in stock and after a lot of chasing, I pick up my born next week. Super excited! It’s in silver rather than the quaser grey I ordered, but still looks great. They also threw in the Tech L pack which my car didn’t have. For others still waiting, keep checking your dealer websites for any stock they have coming in, you might get a surprise like I did.

Reactions: jcbmally and RobM

FAZ

Feb 6, 2002
Rossendale
Visit site
After 10 years away, I am glad to be back with a Cupra Born.
Went to test drive last week and was lucky enough that they had 4 coming in within 5 weeks. Managed to get the last one.
V1
Aurora Blue
Tech L pack

Reactions: jcbmally
Jul 9, 2022
After a very long time away (last Cupra was a 53 plate Leon R) I put my order in for a Born back at the start of April.

All the build updates said I'd take delivery at the end of October. Imagine my surprise when I got the call yesterday to say she has arrived at the dealership! Couple of weeks to wait until I pick her up.

Best get organised on the wall charger now.....

Reactions: jcbmally
Jul 29, 2022
Hello.

I almost ordered a Born in March, but the delay and resulting hesitancy to give me a quote on part-ex killed that off. Popped in to the dealership on my birthday (earlier this month) to see how things stood to be told they had a couple of V1s coming into stock and a single V2 Quasar Grey with an L Tech Pack. Given I had wanted a V2 Quasar Grey with an L Tech Pack, we agreed a deal (including part-ex) and I put that deposit down! Was told to expect it by mid-August...

Well, I picked it up on Wednesday! :D

born-edit.jpg

Absolutely in love. Got my first long-ish roundtrip on Sunday of 160miles, so that's exciting. There are niggles, but 80% of those are software based, so here's hoping things could get even better. But even if not, I'm very, very happy!

Mar 7, 2022
Just ordered a Born V1 (Raleigh Red) Last week, through work. No delivery time. Been told to Expect 6-8 Months though. But had previously ordered a Leon PHEV back in May '21 ended up just cancelling and going for the born. Hopefully a better result! Looks like the delivery times are being very inconsistent for the Born from what I'm reading here.

Mar 7, 2022
Just ordered a Born V1 (Raleigh Red) Last week, through work. No delivery time. Been told to Expect 6-8 Months though. But had previously ordered a Leon PHEV back in May '21 ended up just cancelling and going for the born. Hopefully a better result! Looks like the delivery times are being very inconsistent for the Born from what I'm reading here.
Just received an update, apparently ETA is end of May. Cupra seem to be a little better on communication than others in the VAG group

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I'm told my car order has been accepted by the factory, but no build slot yet. Does anybody know the sort of lead times you're looking at from build slots being given, to the car being delivered?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.