Cupra button on steering wheel

garyevs

Aug 28, 2015
Hi

I had a test drive in a Cupra Leon 245 yesterday.

In all the photos etc I had previously seen, there are cupra and start/stop buttons on the steering wheel.

However, the model I drove had neither of these buttons, and to change driving mode you had to go through the menus on the touchscreen.

The sales guy said that this is the UK spec, and the photos I had seen must have been the EU spec.

Is this the case ?

Thanks

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Hi

In all the photos etc I had previously seen, there are cupra and start/stop buttons on the steering wheel.

However, the model I drove had neither of these buttons, and to change driving mode you had to go through the menus on the touchscreen.

The sales guy said that this is the UK spec, and the photos I had seen must have been the EU spec.

Is this the case ?

Thanks
This the case for UK spec, my 21 plate 245 Leon doesn’t have them

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
New order vz3s have them. My 300 hatchback that was delivered last month has them.

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
20221206_123157.jpg

Reactions: H Rafiq

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
It's so fecking annoying they didn't include these on earlier cars my mk4 300 does not have them either.

@Dizz there was an issue alot of us had on early 300s mk4 where the paint strips off on the underside of rear bumper behind rear wheels mine did it its going in for rear bumper respray as goodwill bumy Cupra but interested to know if newer 300s if they fixed it? Mine is white and paint so thin underside I could see the black of plastic through it, on yours does paint look thicker of they put any protection down there now?

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
When I had mine ceramic coated the detailer said it was the best paint he had seen on a new car It wasn't the thickest (76 microns) but was in very good condition. There are some pictures on the Facebook group. I dont think they have fixed underneath because mine looks the same as everyone else's. I'll inspect after Christmas and if mine is showing signs of wear I will put some film down there. I have ordered some front mudguards because spray down the side is much worse than our old 290.

I was delighted to get the buttons, I also got matrix lights amd a bigger screen. Some consolation for the long wait I suppose!

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
Hi

Is this the case ?

Thanks
I ordered my Leon last January and the wheel buttons were a 700 euro optional extra which I opted for. Could not bother faffing around in an annoying screen to change the car's driving mode.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
When I ordered my car I knew that in the UK only the Cupra Leon ST got the buttons, which I thought was bad. Turns out all the cars the reviews where on in the mags where Spanish spec, not UK, not really what we previously have saw from the brand. So now we pay more for a so called premium brand and don't even get the same spec as when in the SEAT days. This will probaly be my last Cupra as well as my first, bring back the cheap and cheerfull hot hatch I used to drive please.

May 5, 2022
What I can tell you in Germany the "supersport steering wheel" is optional equipment for the VZ version for the Leon e-hybrid. Don't know how it is with the other Leon's.
It's called: "CUPRA Supersport-Multifunktionslenkrad mit CUPRA Mode Selector 820,00 €"

Explanation:
In Germany we have the "weaker" version of the Leon with 204 hp and the "VZ" version with 245 hp.

I have configured a full version with the supersport steering wheel for you to check out:
1) Go to here: https://www.cupraofficial.de/konfigurator.html/model?wf=cupra-de
2) at the top choose "Konfiguration laden" [load config]
3) Put in: SDD3TXVK and click "Bestätigen" [confirm]
4) Choose tab "Sonderausstattung" [optional equipment]
5) Scroll down to "Innenausstattung" [Interior]

Apr 25, 2022
Nr. Coventry
If you get the buttons on the steering wheel, which my 300 didn't, what do you get by the gear lever instead of the button? Is it duplicated, blanked or an alternative version?

May 5, 2022
You only have the 'driving mode' and 'start/stop' buttons on the supersport wheel.
The start/stop in the center console will be replaced with the ESC function on/off.

Reactions: axeriano