Cupra formentor infotainment issues

Jan 11, 2022
I cannot connect Apple Music in Infotaiment...Tidal does not work either.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 158

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I think you need to pay for the data connection as the free one for the year only has basic functionality. The alternative is to hotspot your phone or use Apple Carplay/Android Auto

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2022
I think you need to pay for the data connection as the free one for the year only has basic functionality. The alternative is to hotspot your phone or use Apple Carplay/Android Auto

I do not think so...according to the video provided ny cupra official I can be connected to wifi and it should work. I have contacted Cupra Support...lets see what they say...

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I do not think so...according to the video provided ny cupra official I can be connected to wifi and it should work. I have contacted Cupra Support...lets see what they say...
Oh yeah if you are connected to WiFi it would work like it would with a hotspot. It's just the cars own E-Sim data connection won't allow it unless you pay for an additional data package

Jan 11, 2022
Oh yeah if you are connected to WiFi it would work like it would with a hotspot. It's just the cars own E-Sim data connection won't allow it unless you pay for an additional data package

That would be stupid from Cupra...it says clearly in my package that Apple Music is supported without saying it needs a data connection. And like I said...even their video presentation says you should connect to wifi. We shall see what support says :)

Jul 27, 2021
You can play you music use Alexa etc via the onboard sim but you do need to purchase an additional Cubic Telecom data bundle in order to do so, the default package is restricted to just the basic (navigation, cupra connect etc). Whilst it worked fine the additional bundles are expensive (5gb for £9.99, 15gb for £24.99 & 60gb for £98.99 and are limited to 30, 60 and 365 day terms accordingly.
So whilst you can do it I wouldn't bother if you have a decent data plan on your phone. Oh and if you do take out an additional data plan then stop - the car will warn you every single time you start it up that the data plan has expired....another annoying feature.

Reactions: Napmasterflash

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
So had the V2 a couple of months and apart from the ACC going a bit weird( in one part of the country only) it has been faultless. That was until 4 days ago when the the infotainment system has become a PITA. There was no update prior to it going up its own bum and no matter how many resets, log in's, user setting changes, it just wont behave.
Issues that have been problematic are:
Heated seat coming on itself when no one sitting in it.
Wont load/change user.
Camera intermittent.
Volume slider not working.
Dash display reverting to standard view intermittently.
And the usual ACC/mph/kph issue.

So much for the MY22 being improved.
Software 1804, Display unit - 6074.

Booked into the dealer for "we will have a look but these new cars are like big computers and get glitches" F*#K OFF. (had this with the VZ Edition).

:banghead2:banghead2:banghead2[:@][:@][:@]
So got the car back today. They have replaced the front camera and it’s had a small update. Only drove 10miles so will give it a few days to see if it’s fixed.
Also, placebo effect or not but myself, wife and daughter think the car feels quicker.

New info:
2A323735-53F5-4E76-97C8-18C550C59B6A.jpeg

Previous info.
C4F02495-2DD3-436C-AC36-FE342B81179F.jpeg

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
My car has just been updated as per the pics above but mine is on 1790 software.

It was in to solve the SOS module issue and a few minor niggles but this update appears really good. The screen boots up so much quicker and I can start heating seats within a few secs and changing settings as opposed to a few times where the screen was completely unresponsive.

I was chatting to the dealer who seemed to be blaming many of the other minor niggles on the SOS module issue, I am not sure how true that is but will report back.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.