Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I have ran mine in as per manual. I’m now at 1900 miles ans the car has definitely changed it’s character, I t’s quicker. ECU’s must have some setting that prevents the car being overloaded as the first week or so it was definitely slower and less responsive.

Ill be running mine in as I’ll be keeping it a while and I want the best out of it. Looking to get over 1000miles do I can have a real play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcbmally

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
How long you got yours for maypack?

Four Years then its retirement time for me and me and MrsMaypack will drop to a one car family. That means a sensible family car that MrsMaypack will drive (She didnt drive my Leon Cupra and won’t drive the Formentor either) so it’ll be a hybrid or electric small engined car.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Four Years then its retirement time for me and me and MrsMaypack will drop to a one car family. That means a sensible family car that MrsMaypack will drive (She didnt drive my Leon Cupra and won’t drive the Formentor either) so it’ll be a hybrid or electric small engined car.

I've got mine for 4 years too. Hopefully Mrs will want to keep her own car or it looks like a compromise will have to happen and I know what that means, bye bye to a genuine driving car that puts a smile on your face great value for money and lots of kit as standard, hello a big SUV with an expensive badge and no kit as standard.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Lucky b*stard... me scrambling with Insurance quotes just because car arrives tomorrow to the stealer and till Monday can't (won't) do anything with registration so... no car for me till Thu or Wed... <sigh>
You sorted out the free 5 day drive away insurance?

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
You sorted out the free 5 day drive away insurance?
What? Here if you get caught without insurance is a minimum 1500Eur fine and a direct and immediate impound of the car till you can prove you have suitable insurance.

A car needs to get out of stealer with suitable insurance here... That's why I'm scrambling

Last edited:

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
What? Here if you get caught without insurance is a minimum 1500Eur fire and a direct and immediate impound of the car till you can prove you have suitable insurance.

A car needs to get out of stealer with suitable insurance here... That's why I'm scrambling
Ah okay sorry didn't realise you were abroad. In the UK (Seat) generally provide 5 day of insurance cover. My 5 day of insurance cover stats on 8th ends on the 13th then my yearly insurance policy starts

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Picking up a Formentor VZ Edition in around an hour.
Didn’t know what one was until two weeks ago, saw it on Autotrader, found one only a few miles from me, sold my TTRS and will be driving my new car in a couple of hours.
Looking forward to it - anything I need to know???

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Didn’t know what one was until two weeks ago, saw it on Autotrader, found one only a few miles from me, sold my TTRS and will be driving my new car in a couple of hours.

If you have driven the 5cyl TTRS maybe is a downgrade for you but for sure it will draw a nice smile on your face. Just... enjoy it, take care of it and from time to time (and with oil at appropriate temp) drive it as you stole it. ;)

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014

Make sure you get your freebies, Carbon Fibre look key cover and man bracelet, first aid kit (brick shaped bag in boot).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Make sure you get your freebies, Carbon Fibre look key cover and man bracelet, first aid kit (brick shaped bag in boot).

I've just sent a text to my dealer to let them know I am expecting those to be with the car! Ha

Guys really stupid basic question but I wanted to ask it. As I've never driven an automatic before what's the processs with gear selector stopping and starting again? I.e slowing down approaching traffic lights. When you come to a standstill do you have to put the car into neutral to avoid the car moving while it's idling? Or do you have to keep your foot on brake?

Sorry I know it's going to be an obvious answer.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I don’t touch the gear shifter after I’ve put it in drive, other than to put it in reverse if I need to.

Left foot sits and does nowt.

Right foot presses noisy pedal or brake.

At a junction i either hold on brake or pull handbrake as i dont like auto handbrake as i like a rolling start. Or if you have the auto handbrake on it does it for you with 1st gear pre selected then when you press noisy pedal again it releases as car moves off.

After your first ten minute drive where you think you’re going to stall the car (which you can’t) you’ll adapt to it.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I don’t touch the gear shifter after I’ve put it in drive, other than to put it in reverse if I need to.

Left foot sits and does nowt.

Right foot presses noisy pedal or brake.

At a junction i either hold on brake or pull handbrake as i dont like auto handbrake as i like a rolling start. Or if you have the auto handbrake on it does it for you with 1st gear pre selected then when you press noisy pedal again it releases as car moves off.

After your first ten minute drive where you think you’re going to stall the car (which you can’t) you’ll adapt to it.

So if you come to standstill and your in d/s and you take your foot off the break will the car roll forward? Can you just come to a standstill and put the electric handbrake on and then that's that? Then just accelerate off?

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron

Man bracelet :rofl: wouldn’t fit my grandson

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
So if you come to standstill and your in d/s and you take your foot off the break will the car roll forward? Can you just come to a standstill and put the electric handbrake on and then that's that? Then just accelerate off?
I'm no DSG expert but I read that the "rolling forward" thing is actually a feature to be able to slowly creep forward. With an automatic it's apparently not easy to do so manufacturers build in this creeping forward when off the gas.

Some cars have some kind of auto handbrake that Maypack mentioned. I guess this engages the handbrake if you come to a standstill and disengages it when you press the accelerator?

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
It would roll forward if you don’t keep foot on brake at a standstill. The engine will autostop with foot on brake or auto hold/handbrake on. If the auto hold/handbrake devices are not on, as soon as you lift off the brake it will go forward but if they are they will not release until you press the accelerator.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I'm no DSG expert but I read that the "rolling forward" thing is actually a feature to be able to slowly creep forward. With an automatic it's apparently not easy to do so manufacturers build in this creeping forward when off the gas.

Some cars have some kind of auto handbrake that Maypack mentioned. I guess this engages the handbrake if you come to a standstill and disengages it when you press the accelerator?
Beet me to it :thumbup:

Reactions: Peyton
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise